Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
I eat what I want when I want and Im happy(ish)

amother
OP

Post Thu, Aug 25 2022, 7:02 pm
Just want to know if Im not the only one..
I feel strange.

Im short and have what to lose

Im big on top, and big on thighs/behind and my upper legs are very big but you dont see in a skirt.
Sometimes when I try on clothes I can see ths outfit is meant to fit me and would look so nice , but just too tight round my chest or behind.

I dont fit into regular clothes, most of my dresses(def shabbos) I get altered to fit me and I think I look good if I get something flattering.

I get annoyed when I cant find clothes and thats when I dream of being thin, but when I have enough clothing that looks good (if thats possible) on me I dont care.

I eat what I like when I like and I dont really think about dieting .
I like carbs and I love nosh and sweet things.
I also love crunchy nosh and chocolate.
I love the feeling of crunching something in my mouth. (May be sensory?)

I dont ever want to go on a diet and restrict myself to not eating certain foods.

Life is hard enough without that pressure and I wouldnt want to take my simple pleasure saway.

Is there anyone else who feels the same?
I dont know if its normal..
Whenever Im at simchas everyone is always talking about "im not washing"
Or " Im passing on dessert"
"Im really trying"
Etc etc
Ans I never have anything to add..

amother
Freesia

Post Thu, Aug 25 2022, 7:11 pm
Yes that’s me I’m not overweight but I should be watching myself at my age but I love sweet things ( not so much actually food just junk) and I really don’t want to give it all up I’ll feel deprived and depressed. If I start to notice all my clothes r tight and feel gross that’s when I start watching. But I don’t know anyone at all who’s like me my sils, mil, mother sister friends are all on diets and counting every calorie.

amother
Diamond

Post Thu, Aug 25 2022, 8:03 pm
I like good butter I try to not eat everything that I want all the time. I do cheat but try to eat healthy. The processed food is made to taste good with the least amount of money invested. It’s disgusting to see sometimes what are the ingredients made of. You can enjoy a sweet watermelon or peanut butter or even a steak or cheese. at least it’s healthy.

amother
Maroon

Post Thu, Aug 25 2022, 8:31 pm
amother OP wrote:
Just want to know if Im not the only one..
I feel strange.

Im short and have what to lose

Im big on top, and big on thighs/behind and my upper legs are very big but you dont see in a skirt.
Sometimes when I try on clothes I can see ths outfit is meant to fit me and would look so nice , but just too tight round my chest or behind.

I dont fit into regular clothes, most of my dresses(def shabbos) I get altered to fit me and I think I look good if I get something flattering.

I get annoyed when I cant find clothes and thats when I dream of being thin, but when I have enough clothing that looks good (if thats possible) on me I dont care.

I eat what I like when I like and I dont really think about dieting .
I like carbs and I love nosh and sweet things.
I also love crunchy nosh and chocolate.
I love the feeling of crunching something in my mouth. (May be sensory?)

I dont ever want to go on a diet and restrict myself to not eating certain foods.

Life is hard enough without that pressure and I wouldnt want to take my simple pleasure saway.

Is there anyone else who feels the same?
I dont know if its normal..
Whenever Im at simchas everyone is always talking about "im not washing"
Or " Im passing on dessert"
"Im really trying"
Etc etc
Ans I never have anything to add..

Yes I could have written this
I'm pretty young and have been this way since a teen but now that I'm a few months postpartum and no longer nursing I really feel I need to drop the extra pounds as my clothes don't fit but I'm not interested in dieting

chanatron1000

Post Thu, Aug 25 2022, 9:10 pm
amother OP wrote:

No, you're seeing that the clothes aren't made for your curves.

amother
Aconite

Post Thu, Aug 25 2022, 9:47 pm
I’m similar to you in that I’m short and somewhat overweight and don’t diet and as long as I stay away from mirrors and photos and shop online I’m fairly unbothered by my looks however, I do try to eat healthy and clean because I just feel so much better than way. I don’t calorie count or carb count or beat myself up when I have a treat but overall I feel better when I keep my blood sugar stable.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Aug 26 2022, 4:52 am
chanatron1000 wrote:
No, you're seeing that the clothes aren't made for your curves.

Hahah
Thats a nice way of looking at it!

Thanks.

SuperWify

Post Fri, Aug 26 2022, 5:09 am
Hi! I’m short and I eqt plenty of chocolate ice coffee cakes and ice cream also lots of fruits salads and proteins.

If I ever tried dieting it lasted 2 days.

This year I learned mindful intuitive eating and together with intermittent fasting I lost 10 pounds so far and I started in February. It’s a slow but steady loss if you will. My goal isn’t actually weight loss- it’s health. I feel better when I eat better. Bathroom, bloat ect bye bye issues.

The key in my mind is not feeling restricted, eating and enjoying your food, making good healthy meals for myself, and being flexible (like not staying in Shabbos just being a bit more mindful, eating late when your out at a wedding etc).

I’m still 20 pounds more then I was before my first birth 5.5 years ago but I’ll ok with not being a size 0. If I lose more I’ll be happy and if I don’t I’m ok with how I look!

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 20 2022, 6:22 pm
I know Im in trouble when even food doesnt comfort me.

This thread was about me being ok eith the amount I eat and the way I look.
But I know I eat very often when Im feeling emotional, stressed, depressed erc.

But when even food doesnt do anything and the best food doesnt dull my pain I k ow Im in trouble.

Its like I always know at the back of my head, however hars the situation is, theres always something nice to buy or eat to make me feel better.
But now that doesnt even make me feel better.
Can anyone relate?

amother
Midnight

Post Fri, Oct 21 2022, 12:34 am
amother OP wrote:
Hahah
Thats a nice way of looking at it!

Thanks.

It’s true. Nothing looks excellent on everyone. My daughter is a tall, slim gorgeous girl and she definitely can’t wear everything. Some things are meant to fit some body types amd others, others.

amother
Turquoise

Post Fri, Oct 21 2022, 12:47 am
Wow so me! Like you said life is depressing enough, why make it harder by depriving myself of delicious foods.
I’m definitely overweight but watching what goes in my mouth is way too hard; if there’s cake I’ll eat it, cookie -yum I’ll have that too, some snapple to top it off give me that cup…
I wish shedding the pounds was as easy as gaining them

imaima

Post Fri, Oct 21 2022, 3:24 am
amother OP wrote:
I know Im in trouble when even food doesnt comfort me.

This thread was about me being ok eith the amount I eat and the way I look.
But I know I eat very often when Im feeling emotional, stressed, depressed erc.

But when even food doesnt do anything and the best food doesnt dull my pain I k ow Im in trouble.

Its like I always know at the back of my head, however hars the situation is, theres always something nice to buy or eat to make me feel better.
But now that doesnt even make me feel better.
Can anyone relate?

Yes
The food numbs your pain and sorry to say, it is no different than drugs or alcohol in this sense.
No judgment there because many people have the pain they live with but it helps to address the pain instead of trying to bandage it with food.

Also, at s simcha when people say that they watch their food intake, very often it’s mandated by doctors. It doesn’t mean that you need to be the same - it’s not middle school any more. If they are pre-diabetic and cannot have dessert, or gluten free and have no bread, what does it have to do with you? You have your own health

amother
Aqua

Post Fri, Oct 21 2022, 6:19 am
imaima wrote:
Yes
The food numbs your pain and sorry to say, it is no different than drugs or alcohol in this sense.
No judgment there because many people have the pain they live with but it helps to address the pain instead of trying to bandage it with food.

Also, at s simcha when people say that they watch their food intake, very often it’s mandated by doctors. It doesn’t mean that you need to be the same - it’s not middle school any more. If they are pre-diabetic and cannot have dessert, or gluten free and have no bread, what does it have to do with you? You have your own health

To add, it's nice that you are happy eating what you want and not too concerned about your weight, but much of the nosh with that "crunch" you like is actually made of chemicals and equivalent to putting poison in your body. You can easily get the same "crunch" and satisfaction if you habituate yourself to eating cut up Veggies with a bit of salt. Smokers enjoy their tobacco whenever they want and are not too concerned about their lungs, ya know?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise