Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Gift for niece going to Sem

amother
OP

Post Fri, Aug 26 2022, 9:11 am
I’d love to get my niece a gift before she leaves for sem next week. What’s an appropriate and useful, yet easy-to-pack idea??

LK1

Post Fri, Aug 26 2022, 9:13 am
Portable charger - you could personalize

Chayalle

Post Fri, Aug 26 2022, 9:13 am
A close family friend gave me a Samsonite weekender bag for a graduation/going-to-seminary gift. I used it for the next 25 years, it finally got holes in the bottom. It was so useful in Israel, used it for packing/going away for Shabbos.

A smaller bag for the many tiyulim can also be very useful.

I got my niece a cute cap as a gift, as they wear those on trips. It was well-received.

amother
Milk

Post Fri, Aug 26 2022, 9:17 am
Chayalle wrote:
A close family friend gave me a Samsonite weekender bag for a graduation/going-to-seminary gift. I used it for the next 25 years, it finally got holes in the bottom. It was so useful in Israel, used it for packing/going away for Shabbos.

A smaller bag for the many tiyulim can also be very useful.

I got my niece a cute cap as a gift, as they wear those on trips. It was well-received.

This is what I was going to say. My daughter is going the first week of September and a hat from lululemon was very high up on her wish list (she paid for it herself from her summer job earnings).

So nice of you to think of your niece, OP! No one sent my daughter anything, not that anyone has to... but its so sweet that you thought of her this way!

scruffy

Post Fri, Aug 26 2022, 9:18 am
I got my sister a personalized water bottle.

amother
Hyacinth

Post Fri, Aug 26 2022, 9:28 am
I got my sister a weekend bag and a set of packing cubes, she used them a lot.

amother
Turquoise

Post Fri, Aug 26 2022, 9:29 am
Lulu lemon fanny pack

Chayalle

Post Fri, Aug 26 2022, 10:08 am
amother Milk wrote:
This is what I was going to say. My daughter is going the first week of September and a hat from lululemon was very high up on her wish list (she paid for it herself from her summer job earnings).

So nice of you to think of your niece, OP! No one sent my daughter anything, not that anyone has to... but its so sweet that you thought of her this way!

that's actually what I got her (cap from lululemon) even though she wasn't specifically into the brand....but I'm told she liked my gift very much! I'm glad to hear I was on target and they weren't just being polite!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette