Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
I feel awful from my kids

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 28 2022, 10:21 am
I’m an introvert. I need quiet and space. I don’t like to be touched.
My kids are kids. The two oldest are boys (oldest is 8) who fight non stop. They follow me from room to room. They shout “maaaa!” About every little thing from 7 am to 8:30 at night even if I’m in my room with the door locked. My blood pressure is through the roof. I can’t handle. Their fighting makes me want to beat them up so they just shut up and stop the constant fighting and whining. (Obviously I don’t do this and don’t say this but that’s how I feel right now)
How will I survive the next week and a half until school starts at 845 am?

zaq

Post Sun, Aug 28 2022, 11:14 am
Invest in a few pairs of earplugs, available at many pharmacies and hardware stores. It won't keep the boys from following you around, but it will save your ears and possibly yoursanity.

Also, if they're following you around, it sounds as if they're bored. Every time they follow you somewhere, hand them a broom, mop or dust rag and a list of items that require cleaning. They'll get out of your way fast.

Learning

Post Sun, Aug 28 2022, 11:35 am
They are bored. They need an activity or friends.

amother
Bluebonnet

Post Sun, Aug 28 2022, 11:45 am
I feel awful for your kids! But I get you too. still you need to prep to make your week enjoyable and survivable.
If you keep them busy and maybe bribe them a little you really might feel much better.
Take them on a trip to a park and tell them for every 15 minutes they don't fight in the car they'll get a star. And for 10 stars they get a prize.
Prepare them crafts, activity books, stories to listen to and reward them for good behavior.

amother
Powderblue

Post Sun, Aug 28 2022, 11:46 am
I totally understand you, op, because I am the same. But your kids are plain bored. You cant expect them to keep busy while you do your own things. You have to create structure for them, plan activities and a schedule for the day. They also need to be physically active and well fed (my kids are impossible when they are hungry).
Good luck!

rachelli66

Post Sun, Aug 28 2022, 11:49 am
Keep them busy. Friends? Playdates? Even if 1 goes to a friend, it breaks up the routine. Pool? Buy kids paint and enjoy. Mix colors. Baseball game?

amother
Aquamarine

Post Sun, Aug 28 2022, 11:56 am
Take them out as much as possible.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics