Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Pets
Betta fish filter question

Coke Slurpee

Post Sun, Aug 28 2022, 12:00 am
Hi,
We got a betta fish from someone who was moving. It came in a ten gallon tank with a filter. The filter is for a ten gallon tank. It seems even on the lowest setting the filter bubbles and current seems to keep him in certain areas of the tank. I'm concerned that the filter is uncomfortable for him or even worse harming him. Am I using the filter wrong? Should I be using a different filter or no filter at all? The people we got it from had the fish for a year with this filter. Any advice would be appreciated.

amother
Copper

Post Sun, Aug 28 2022, 12:30 am
Perhaps you can find out from the previous owner if this is new or typical behavior for him. He could be older and not want as strong a current. Is the filter a sponge filter? Those are usually gentle. We always had a sponge filter for our guy. Actually for the last number of months of his life, he liked the current from a little air stone that we had in the tank. He loved hanging around it and literally his last bit of strength before passing was going over to it. Sad

amother
Copper

Post Sun, Aug 28 2022, 2:07 pm
If you see the water moving the fish then the current is too strong.

Coke Slurpee

Post Sun, Aug 28 2022, 3:41 pm
How can I tell if the filter I have is a sponge filter? Also the currents aren't moving him but he seems to have a hard time getting through the current, and sticking to specific parts of the tank away from the current and air bubbles.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Pets