Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Healthy Cooking
Tuna spread with...

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 29 2022, 10:33 am
with apple cider vinegar instead of lemon juice?

anyone do this? whats it like?

I dont want to drink acv plain as its not good for enamel so put it into salads.

does it go well together?

amother
Sunflower

Post Mon, Aug 29 2022, 10:39 am
Can you please explain the ACV thing?
Also, wouldn’t drinking something fast and then rinsing your mouth be less harmful to enamel than chewing something which is in the mouth much longer period of time?

Thank you so much

Amarante

Post Mon, Aug 29 2022, 10:42 am
Yes you can use vinegar instead of lemon juice as substitute acids work fine in most fish dishes.

You wouldn't be able to taste a difference in most tuna salads I have made because there are stronger flavors that predominate versus the lemon juice - of course that would depend on quantity added.

I don't understand how you could get a *dose* of vinegar in a normal serving of tuna since it would be such a small amount.

Why don't you make a vinaigrette for salads or dressing for vegetables since there would be a greater amount eaten per serving.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 29 2022, 10:45 am
Amarante wrote:
Yes you can use vinegar instead of lemon juice as substitute acids work fine in most fish dishes.

You wouldn't be able to taste a difference in most tuna salads I have made because there are stronger flavors that predominate versus the lemon juice - of course that would depend on quantity added.

I don't understand how you could get a *dose* of vinegar in a normal serving of tuna since it would be such a small amount.

Why don't you make a vinaigrette for salads or dressing for vegetables since there would be a greater amount eaten per serving.

how much would you put in to 3.5 oz tuna?

I use in salads 2 tbs of vinegar with 4tbs olive oil. I know this is way too much for tuna...

amother
Holly

Post Mon, Aug 29 2022, 12:05 pm
Tuna just gets maybe 1/4 tsp splash so you won't really get a dosage if that's your aim.

Be careful with this obsession with so called health and supplements.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Healthy Cooking