Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
Gifting a overnight trip to a friend

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 22 2022, 1:04 am
I have good friend who I try and help. I almost always try to do it so she does not have a clue that it is from me. I would like to gift her an overnight trip. Let's say the value would be between 500 and $600. She has really been through a lot and I would love to be able to give her more but I'm not in the position to be able to pay for a whole family vacation. Just wondering if you were the friend if you would want to know that it was for me to know that I really care about you and it's a nice gift at a time or a gift would be appropriate. Or if you would never want to know that it's for me because you would feel embarrassed. We're talking about someone that I am very close to and I really would like to give in a way that she would feel most comfortable.

I wanted to add that I was thinking about my husband this week and then they had the article in mishpacha mentioned that they help pay for people's vacations. So I really felt like that was a sign from Hashem it was really on the right track and it could be a nice gift. My question isn't about gifting this because I do gift other things but I really think she could use this my question is if I should do it so she knows or so she doesn't know. Obviously they'll be different opinions but I'm curious to see. BH I have helped a few friends and I don't think anyone have ever found out that it was for me since I have the money come from an anonymous source. I would never want to embarrass somebody for this absolutely my highest priority. Just sometimes it's nice to know that your friend cares about you. Because I don't give regular gifts.

amother
Buttercup

Post Mon, Aug 22 2022, 1:20 am
A lot really depends on the dynamics of your friendship.

Being on the receiving end for quite a while, I can relate to this question very well. I can see it really depending on your relationship with your friend. If my close friend would offer me an overnight, I'd be touched and grateful for her kindness. If it's a friend that I'm not very close to, it might be awkward. Either way, getting it anonymously would make me feel very uncomfortable. Like who thought of this idea and why? And wondering about it would drive me nuts...

I'm definitely voting for being open and honest and sharing your generosity openly. I love the people in my life that extend themselves and are open about it and I can in turn thank them.

Still, if my close friend/family member would tell me that someone thought of me and wanted to gift me an overnight anonymously, I would either be touched or feel uncomfortable depending on many factors.

creditcards

Post Tue, Aug 30 2022, 7:13 pm
I would definitely want you to tell me that it's from you. Otherwise I would be busy thinking all day whom it's from and thinking about every person it can be all day.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics