Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
Circle games we used to play that don't exist anymore
Previous  1  2

Mommyflower

Post Tue, Aug 30 2022, 5:43 pm
I think we played a game in camp called Pig where there was a leader and then you needed to put your finger on your nose when the leader did it. The last one out was the "Pig."

We also played a game at birthday parties with a tray. The Mom would bring in the tray of objects and the girls would get a quick look. Then, the Mom would take it out of the room, remove an object, and come back in. The first girl to notice which object was missing would get a prize.

Don't know if today's kids would be engaged, but these were simpler times and parties were very homemade.

Goody2shoes

Post Tue, Aug 30 2022, 5:44 pm
And while we're adding what's with we pass the ball around, around and around.
Do kids still play Gaga? Or Gaga elemination?
Anyone remembers singing 99 bottles of beer on the wall when we needed to pass time?

#BestBubby

Post Tue, Aug 30 2022, 5:50 pm
Yes, we played gaga!

And pass the ball around!

And sang 99 bottles of beer.

shanie5

Post Tue, Aug 30 2022, 6:47 pm
Don't forget Machanayim!

isrmss91

Post Tue, Aug 30 2022, 6:53 pm
Zero, Zero. from my youth, when away for the weekend and saw a few girls playing that game. Brought back memories.
Steal the Salami, Belts (or even a stick)

the world's best mom

Post Tue, Aug 30 2022, 7:05 pm
Oh, zero zero one one was a good game. So was patterns. Lots of good memories in this thread.

My kids still play machanyim and gaga. They play concentration, but differently than we used to play it.

pause

Post Tue, Aug 30 2022, 7:53 pm
Those who remember this game, their kids probably still play it: Eintz, tzvei, drei, galuchim kiiiiiiiiiimen!

pause

Post Tue, Aug 30 2022, 7:54 pm
We also used to play "Here comes Dr. Riding..."
and another game called "eidis"

gr82no

Post Tue, Aug 30 2022, 8:23 pm
pause wrote:
Those who remember this game, their kids probably still play it: Eintz, tzvei, drei, galuchim kiiiiiiiiiimen!

I remember playing galuchim every day by recess even though officially we weren’t allowed to because girls would get hurt. We would say one two three galuchim though

Goody2shoes

Post Tue, Aug 30 2022, 9:31 pm
Anyobe here was into kugelach? I was able to beat all my uncles! Yay me!!!
We played galuchim too. And 4 corners. Crazy bones anyone? For some reason I seem to have been all into boys games. Oh well.

githen03

Post Tue, Aug 30 2022, 10:07 pm
Anyone remember the song/game everyone used to sing on the bus… “Hello ___, somebody’s calling my name…you got a rick tick tick tick tickety tick…”

Smile

Living Princess

Post Wed, Aug 31 2022, 12:13 am
Simple Simon and the version Pimple Pieman
Remember the broken arms and wrists from red rover? And broken fingers from Machanayim balls?
This standing circle one I really don't know how to spell the words but we played when we were older.. a quvatcha deloamar quak quak quak es Chico... delo delo hey achad shtayim.... chamesh!
Anna banana split
And how about the clapping ones with my boyfriends name is Chaim he comes from.. with a pimple on his nose ..
And the ball in the sock? What'd we call that? Hello hello sir..

gr82no

Post Wed, Aug 31 2022, 6:41 am
Who remembers the ball games where you bounce the ball and put your foot over it by certain words?
Alice over the ocean, Alice over the sea
A my name is

mom39

Post Wed, Aug 31 2022, 6:43 am
Who stole the cookie from the cookie jar?

pause

Post Wed, Aug 31 2022, 7:37 am
gr82no wrote:
Who remembers the ball games where you bounce the ball and put your foot over it by certain words?
Alice over the ocean, Alice over the sea
A my name is

My kids still play this.
Also my kids still play (I have no clue how to spell it): a mamsies, a clapsies, I roll my hand, I touch backsies...

scruffy

Post Wed, Aug 31 2022, 8:24 am
gr82no wrote:
I remember playing galuchim every day by recess even though officially we weren’t allowed to because girls would get hurt. We would say one two three galuchim though

lol this. And is Pinocchio still a thing?? I used to get in so much trouble over getting my new shoes scuffed Laugh

gr82no

Post Wed, Aug 31 2022, 8:29 am
scruffy wrote:
lol this. And is Pinocchio still a thing?? I used to get in so much trouble over getting my new shoes scuffed Laugh

We had so much fun! We would play it while waiting for the bus and then run to get our bus when it was called:)

Marigold

Post Wed, Aug 31 2022, 9:06 am
shanie5 wrote:
Don't forget Machanayim!

And hit the deck. Then there was a game where one girl leaned on the wall and a whole group of kids took chances trying to hit her.
This thread is bringing back so many memories. I loved loved sports.

Lovable

Post Wed, Aug 31 2022, 9:26 am
Thanks for this thread!
made me smile
We played most of the games mentioned....Memories.Smile

Surrendered

Post Mon, Nov 21 2022, 3:15 pm
While searching for "games" for chanukah, I came across this thread that I had missed. It made me smile.

Who remembers: R.A.T.,T.L.E.,S.N.A.K.E, spells rattlesnake...
We went to Esty's house, Esty has the measles, we gave the Dr. 50 cents, and pop goes the measles!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics