Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Florida Jewish communities

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 01 2022, 2:11 pm
Hi,
Anyone know of any Jewish communities or even places in Florida where there are a few Jewish families, religious level doesn’t matter, perhaps more healthy/organic minded but not a must, a place where everyone is sweet, friendly, Inviting and not judgy. Also a place with young couples/ families. Thank you!

amother
Impatiens

Post Thu, Sep 01 2022, 2:18 pm
Hollywood is super hot. I know tons of families who Moved there

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 01 2022, 2:28 pm
Original poster here, just want to add we have tried many Jewish communities all around already and have left each one because we felt judged and not comfortable. We just want a place where people do what they want and are happy and there is no not being accepted because you are different or not as religious... no politics or cliks within the families. We’ve looked a lot and I don’t know if it exists. We have not tried Florida yet.. just looking to live a simple life and most importantly have friends which we haven’t found until now.

doctorima

Post Thu, Sep 01 2022, 4:03 pm
When we were in Tampa not too long ago that was the vibe I get at the YI of Tampa shul there - extremely open-minded and nonjudgmental.

amother
Petunia

Post Thu, Sep 01 2022, 4:05 pm
amother OP wrote:
Original poster here, just want to add we have tried many Jewish communities all around already and have left each one because we felt judged and not comfortable. We just want a place where people do what they want and are happy and there is no not being accepted because you are different or not as religious... no politics or cliks within the families. We’ve looked a lot and I don’t know if it exists. We have not tried Florida yet.. just looking to live a simple life and most importantly have friends which we haven’t found until now.

Are you looking for an actual community e
With a Rov ,shul etc?
Who do you affiliate yourself with?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 01 2022, 4:19 pm
amother Petunia wrote:
Are you looking for an actual community e
With a Rov ,shul etc?
Who do you affiliate yourself with?

We have lived on our own in the past so we would like to live near other Jews who are shomer Shabbat. We don’t have any requirements just friendly and welcoming... we serve Hashem in the best way we can and are always trying to be better. We don’t care about labels and that’s what we are trying to get away from because that always comes with judgment. We just want a place where people are sweet regardless. A place where everyone can just be themselves.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 01 2022, 4:22 pm
doctorima wrote:
When we were in Tampa not too long ago that was the vibe I get at the YI of Tampa shul there - extremely open-minded and nonjudgmental.

Thank you!
Anyone here from YI of Tampa that can describe the community?

mha3484

Post Thu, Sep 01 2022, 4:26 pm
I have a friend who wanted something more open minded and less conformist and is really happy in phoenix.

amother
Aubergine

Post Thu, Sep 01 2022, 4:45 pm
Bank of America is offering Zero Down payment, zero closing cost mortgages for first time buyers for people in select cities which now includes Miami. If you are interested in buying a house in Miami then definitely look into this program. It says in the Black and Latino community but they claim that you dont have to be black or latino to qualify for this program (so perhaps get a group of people together to buy houses in these neighborhoods). And if they deny it then it would be grounds for a discrimination lawsuit anyway so may as well apply for it and see if you can get it.

https://www.nbcnews.com/busine.....45662

https://www.prnewswire.com/new......html

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 01 2022, 4:53 pm
amother Aubergine wrote:
Bank of America is offering Zero Down payment, zero closing cost mortgages for first time buyers for people in select cities which now includes Miami. If you are interested in buying a house in Miami then definitely look into this program. It says in the Black and Latino community but they claim that you dont have to be black or latino to qualify for this program (so perhaps get a group of people together to buy houses in these neighborhoods). And if they deny it then it would be grounds for a discrimination lawsuit anyway so may as well apply for it and see if you can get it.

https://www.nbcnews.com/busine.....45662

https://www.prnewswire.com/new......html

Sounds interesting however we are not first time buyers..

vandm

Post Tue, Sep 13 2022, 8:12 pm
My family and I are moving to Hollywood FL next year and we got the vibe there are a lot of frum families but laid back. We live in coconut grove ( Miami) and nobody judges. But very small number of frum families. Also met the rebbetzin from Memphis TN and it sound like the place you are looking for
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating