Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Help with trip!!

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 01 2022, 11:04 am
Hi! I just booked flights for the week before rosh hashana to go with just my husband to yerushalayim. Anyone have any suggestions on what to do, where to stay, special stores to go to, shabbos plans, etc.? We are RW yeshivish. TIA!

amother
Arcticblue

Post Thu, Sep 01 2022, 11:15 am
kever rochel, chevron, Dcity is nice to get drinks/smoothies.

We stayed at a nice hotel in town called herbert samuel the hechsher we hold by. We woke up at netz, walked to kotel, came back to hotel and had a yummy breakfast.

Netanya...

Are you having a car?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 01 2022, 11:17 am
amother Arcticblue wrote:

We stayed at a nice hotel in town called herbert samuel the hechsher we hold by. We woke up at netz, walked to kotel, came back to hotel and had a yummy breakfast.

Netanya...

Are you having a car?

thanks!! We could get a car but was thinking of doing the car rental app where you can do it by hour if we need one.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 01 2022, 11:19 am
[quote="amother Arcticblue"]kever rochel, chevron, Dcity is nice to get drinks/smoothies.

do you know what hechsher it has? We are very machmir on hechsherim and from what I remember there were only one or two hotels with a hechsher that we held in yerushalayim. also, how much was it per night?

amother
Arcticblue

Post Thu, Sep 01 2022, 1:43 pm
amother OP wrote:
thanks!! We could get a car but was thinking of doing the car rental app where you can do it by hour if we need one.

ends up being crazy expensive but if its in your budget do it.

I deff recommend staying by herbert samuel!! it was so romantic and I loved spending time with dh without the baby... loved waking up early and walking through the rova

amother
Arcticblue

Post Thu, Sep 01 2022, 1:48 pm
[quote="amother OP"]

do you know what hechsher it has? We are very machmir on hechsherim and from what I remember there were only one or two hotels with a hechsher that we held in yerushalayim. also, how much was it per night?

My husband is israeli so he takes care of the kashrus when were in e"y its very confusing...

He spoke to rabbi nachshoni of the eida chareidis who said its a reliable hechsher. But ofc ask your rav. If you speak hebrew you can speak to the mashgiach the number is 972 2-560-0600.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 01 2022, 4:35 pm
ends up being crazy expensive but if its in your budget do it.

I deff recommend staying by herbert samuel!! it was so romantic and I loved spending time with dh without the baby... loved waking up early and walking through the rova

Thank you! I looked and that hotel looks really nice but quite pricey... how did you book it?

amother
Arcticblue

Post Thu, Sep 01 2022, 6:54 pm
amother OP wrote:
Thank you! I looked and that hotel looks really nice but quite pricey... how did you book it?

My husband called directly. We really save up to stay for one night and it enhanced our relationship spending quality time alone together. The food is also so delicious. For dinner we went to a milchigs restaurant and then came back to the hotel. And AM we had breakfast at the buffet. Cant wait to go next summer lol. We didnt get a fancy room BTW just a standard

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 01 2022, 7:00 pm
My husband is israeli so he takes care of the kashrus when were in e"y its very confusing...

He spoke to rabbi nachshoni of the eida chareidis who said its a reliable hechsher. But ofc ask your rav. If you speak hebrew you can speak to the mashgiach the number is 972 2-560-0600.

Do you have Rabbi nachshoni's number?

amother
Arcticblue

Post Thu, Sep 01 2022, 7:02 pm
amother OP wrote:
Do you have Rabbi nachshoni's number?

Do you have a way I can message you? I dont know if hed want his number posted here.
(heads up he also doesnt speak a word of English).

amother
OP

Post Fri, Sep 02 2022, 10:44 am
Do you have a way I can message you? I dont know if hed want his number posted here.
(heads up he also doesnt speak a word of English).

yes!!! please email me asap so dh can call before shabbos. thank you sooo much!

amother
Arcticblue

Post Fri, Sep 02 2022, 10:48 am
emailing you now

dilego

Post Sat, Sep 03 2022, 5:18 pm
Haneviim boutique hotel is either bedatz eidah or rubin. Check their website. Ghey have two mocatiins one the old city right near the kosel and the other on haneviim near bikur cholin hospital. Ie very central dont forget its shmitta this year so check how you would keep it here
Main thing relax and enjoy

DrMom

Post Sat, Sep 03 2022, 5:56 pm
According to their website, the Herbert Samuel Hotel has a Rabbinut Yerushalayim hecsher.
https://herbertsamuel.com/herb.....ties/

Not that there's anything wrong with that, but it sounded like OP may have different requirements.

I believe the Prima Kings and Leonardo Plaza hotels are mehadrin. The Ramada might as well, but it's a little less well-located.

DrMom

Post Sat, Sep 03 2022, 6:07 pm
As far as what to do:

Is this your first time in Israel?

What sorts of things do you enjoy? History, archeology, arts, cultural activities, nature?

amother
Gold

Post Sat, Sep 03 2022, 7:39 pm
You can look on booking.com. You can get a suite and kasher the microwave or oven or warming tray.. Then you can buy takeout. Make sure they let you leave after Shabbos.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions