Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
Help me setting up a kiddush

amother
OP

Post Sun, Sep 04 2022, 8:36 am
Couldn’t get a party planner to set up.
What serving dishes should I use for salad? Anyone have good salad recipes with measurements?
How should I set up and put in fruit cups?
And chulent and kugel?
Where could I look for ideas on setting up a table?
A bit freaking out so any help would be very appreciated.

amother
Brickred

Post Sun, Sep 04 2022, 1:14 pm
How big are you planning this kiddush to be? Is it only for men?
What gemachs do you have in your area, or do you know anyone who has made a kiddush recently to use any things?
Go to a paperware store and buy some clear or mirrored platters, different bowls, plates etc. You can use lchaim cups to make different height platters.
Think about kiddushim you've been to and what you like. Can you find some creative/artistic ex sem girls or high school girls who can help set up? You can't do it on your own.
You want to do as much as possible before shabbos to make it easier. Ideally if you can, set up your tables with tablecloths etc before shabbos.
You might want to also make your platters of cake and cover them with clingfilm so you don't have to do much shabbos morning.
Do you have to have cholent and kugel and salads?
I would just make 2 salads, ones that are easy to make and can be prepared in advanced. Fruit can be diced before shabbos and kept in either containers or ziplocks overnight and then just poured into containers.
I would make a large pot of cholent and either spoon it out into serving bowls for people to help themselves or find someone who would want to be on cholent and kugel serving duty. For the kugels you can get nicer disposables that are used for cakes to bake them in and then you can just serve out of them.
Keep things as simple as possible.
Hatzlocha and enjoy.

rachelli66

Post Sun, Sep 04 2022, 1:25 pm
OP maybe you can find some young men/ladies to help set the tables. The young ladies from your shul can set up the plates, cutlery, cups. Maybe a couple friends can help cutting cakes, assemble them on platters. Set up fruit, drinks, kugel. The setting up and cleanup is worth it to have someone help and you can enjoy your simcha.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics