Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Deal

amother
OP

Post Sun, Sep 04 2022, 4:24 pm
Does anyone know anything about the MO community in deal? I know it is small, and everyone sends to the sefardi schools. How small is it? Is there a separate minyan? How many families? What area in deal?

amother
Slateblue

Post Sun, Sep 04 2022, 6:48 pm
I wouldn't really call them MO.. Everyone sort of lives mixed together besides for one more Frum areas. It's not too small, definitely hundreds of families and plenty of Kosher food, restaurants, shuls etc. Everyone prays in the Shul close to them- all mixed together. There's no specific area I would call MO though. And lots of people send their kids to school in Lakewood

amother
Navyblue

Post Sun, Sep 04 2022, 7:54 pm
Deal or long branch?
I don’t think there’s a separate shul
They send to Hillel

dragoneye126

Post Sun, Sep 04 2022, 8:43 pm
I live in Deal/Long Branch (same community) and consider my family to be MO. You can PM me for more info, but the above poster is correct: there is no MO community here, just a Syrian community spanning a spectrum of observance ranging from more to less frum. From the outside it may read MO because almost everyone sends their kid to a Jewish school, but that is largely for cultural reasons. Hillel is the only school with adequate judaic and general studies, though there are other, frummer options that focus more on kodesh. It is not by any means a modern community. You will not find high-level learning for girls and women, women's Rosh Chodesh tefilah, yoatzot Halacha, etc. You will find a loving, tight-knit community that makes many aspects of Jewish life easy. Good luck!

amother
Stone

Post Mon, Jul 10 2023, 10:11 am
We are currently entertaining the idea of moving closer to Deal, NJ. We aren't familiar at all with the neighborhoods but would want to send our kids to the frummer schools (Keter Torah, Bnot Shira) . How far out are people moving? Any suggestions of what neighborhoods people are moving to?
Thanks!

amother
Watermelon

Post Thu, Nov 23 2023, 7:46 am
Hi! I think the most far out that people are moving to is eatontown but closer to west long branch. People also live in oakhurst, elberon , and long branch. There’s also allenhurst which is pretty quiet during the winter.

isrmss91

Post Thu, Nov 23 2023, 8:38 am
There is a Ashkenaz shul in Elberon/ Long Branch, called Brothers of Israel, which is MO, Young Israel type, so yes, there is a small MO presence, that I think Sephardim, almost forgot about...

They have a website, the Rabbi is Rabbi N Braun.

Last edited by isrmss91 on Thu, Nov 23 2023, 8:41 am; edited 1 time in total

engaged8274

Post Thu, Nov 23 2023, 8:41 am
I live very close to that Shul and I don’t think I ever saw more than two cars go near it… I don’t think it’s active

isrmss91

Post Thu, Nov 23 2023, 8:45 am
engaged8274 wrote:
I live very close to that Shul and I don’t think I ever saw more than two cars go near it… I don’t think it’s active

I did say it was small. But maybe she can look into it. Unfortunatey it is a summer community.
Most of those that live there year round, are in Eatontown.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating