Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Organizing
How much to pay professional organizer? NY

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 01 2022, 3:08 pm
Wondering what the going rate is. So far I got one quote for $175 hourly. Wondering whether that is average.

amother
Cornsilk

Post Thu, Sep 01 2022, 3:29 pm
My dd is much much cheaper (I think like 40 an hour), but she is not in NY.
I suggest you call Ruthie Levy and ask her to recommend one of her recent students.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 01 2022, 3:32 pm
Who is Ruthie Levy and how would I contact her?

I don't want a recent student, I want someone seasoned with the experience to make sure my somewhat challenging job gets done well enough that I won't need to call back until I move. I don't have an unlimited budget but I don't want to go cheap. I had someone cheap help unpack after I moved and ended up realizing that I could have done it better myself if I'd had the time.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Sep 04 2022, 2:13 pm
Bump. $175 an hour feels hard for me and I want to know if it's the normal going rate before agreeing to it or if I should shop around more.

amother
Tanzanite

Post Sun, Sep 04 2022, 3:01 pm
amother OP wrote:
Bump. $175 an hour feels hard for me and I want to know if it's the normal going rate before agreeing to it or if I should shop around more.

If you like her style (check out her instagram), she's cheaper than what you quoted (don't remember how much but about $100).
https://instagram.com/organize.....2M2Y=

amother
OP

Post Sun, Sep 04 2022, 5:28 pm
Thanks, sent a message.

Meanwhile one of the other instagram organizing personalities I sent a message to replied that her rate is $350 and her associate rate (whatever that means - I guess she sends a partner without her?) is $250 an hour. I feel very happy and a little envious of people who can even consider signing up for that.

amother
Lightgray

Post Sun, Sep 04 2022, 9:43 pm
Ask her if her rate of $175 includes her bringing staff to work with her. When I moved I hired a top rated organizer to unpack and set up, I paid $250 an hour but that covered 4 people! And so much more work got done faster with a few people working together.
At $175 an hour she’s still only 1 person, there’s only so much someone can do on their own.

amother
DarkGray

Post Sun, Sep 04 2022, 9:50 pm
I follow her on Instagram. She’s amazing but I don’t know her price. (She’s from crown heights)

https://www.instagram.com/lg_spaceorganizer/

amother
Wheat

Post Sun, Sep 04 2022, 9:52 pm
amother OP wrote:
Thanks, sent a message.

Meanwhile one of the other instagram organizing personalities I sent a message to replied that her rate is $350 and her associate rate (whatever that means - I guess she sends a partner without her?) is $250 an hour. I feel very happy and a little envious of people who can even consider signing up for that.
wow can you share who this is?

amother
Wheat

Post Sun, Sep 04 2022, 9:52 pm
amother Lightgray wrote:
Ask her if her rate of $175 includes her bringing staff to work with her. When I moved I hired a top rated organizer to unpack and set up, I paid $250 an hour but that covered 4 people! And so much more work got done faster with a few people working together.
At $175 an hour she’s still only 1 person, there’s only so much someone can do on their own.
Who did you use? Sounds great.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Sep 04 2022, 10:11 pm
$175 was with an assistant, but still... my space is not that large and I'd like to be involved in the process so I'd rather go with "there's only so much one person can do" at a lower rate.

The $350 candidate was Barbara Reich. She sounds really good...for a different type of client.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics