Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Moving to FL, please help
Previous  1  2

amother
OP

Post Sun, Sep 04 2022, 9:22 pm
Definitely am planning pilot trips. But I rather narrow it down to a few locations first so I can do only a few areas for more days each. I figure I can do a week in the fall in one place. A week in the beginning of winter in a second place and a third week sometime before Purim. That is all the time I can spend researching on the ground.

I have been to miami so I know collins, and the airport. I don't think it gives me a good idea of real life. I saw Ft lauderdale airport once and Tampa too. But it was on business and never even close to a frum or residential area.

Does no one live there that can tell me anything about their area?

amother
Wandflower

Post Sun, Sep 04 2022, 10:24 pm
I haven't lived here long but seems the main Jewish communities in South Florida from more north going south are Boca, Hollywood, Aventura, North Miami Beach, and Miami Beach. (There are several communities within those larger areas- Cooper City, Sunny Isles, Surfside/Bal Harbour to name a few).

As far as I know all of these communities have nice mixes and ranges of jews- from more modern to more yeshiva style.

I know Aventura and Sunny Isles have a nicer size Israeli/Sfardi community.

There are fantastic schools I know people send to in Boca, NMB and MB. People I know from Hollywood send to school in NMB- it's not too far of a drive.

There are shuls, mikvahs, and restaurants in all these communities.

Price wise- NMB is probably the most affordable (even though prices have gone up considerably), and then Hollywood/Aventura, Boca and MB get on the more pricey side.

Hope this helps! Good luck!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating