Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Bra Shopping for Hard-to-Fit Teen in Brooklyn?
Previous  1  2

amother
OP

Post Mon, Sep 05 2022, 6:03 pm
bluesclues wrote:
Inspirations on kings highway. Rose is an excellent fitter!

So I was debating trying here but they get very mixed reviews online. Do you have experience with them for a difficult size too?

amother
Blonde

Post Mon, Sep 05 2022, 6:12 pm
I highly recommend orchard corset. You can take the f train straight there wand walk like 2 blocks. She is very good and I’m very very large and hard to fit. She is the only person that was honest and wouldn’t let me buy until she brought something in that worked.

amother
Tuberose

Post Mon, Sep 05 2022, 7:13 pm
Did u try the va bien minimizer? I Am petite with a large bust and this is only 1 I ever liked from when I was a teen

amother
OP

Post Mon, Sep 05 2022, 7:21 pm
Thanks, everyone, I will offer her the different options. To those who are saying they are also very large-busted and petite, she is not petite at all - she is just very thin, but tall and well-endowed. And for some reason very hard to fit. So frustrating that so many women have a hard time with properly-fitted bras and end up just making do...

amother
Magenta

Post Mon, Sep 05 2022, 10:52 pm
You’re incredible for putting in the effort!! Large and saggy is so awkward for teens.
Orchard corset I had such a bad experience. She fitted my entire family with the Dominique bra that sticks out in the middle. Claiming it’s the best bra.
I like going to lace intimates in crown heights, but they are snobby! They’re great at fitting though. Now that I live out of New York, I shop online from bravissimo. I’ve had great experiences. They fit me via zoom and mail me the ones they think will work. Free shipping and free returns. The fitters are all so nice and so talented at fitting remotely!!
Personally, the bra that I’ve been wearing recently is the Fantasie memoir. It’s just an incredible style with great lift. I’m a 34i, for reference.
Good luck!

amother
Aquamarine

Post Tue, Sep 06 2022, 5:55 am
amother OP wrote:
Thanks, everyone, I will offer her the different options. To those who are saying they are also very large-busted and petite, she is not petite at all - she is just very thin, but tall and well-endowed. And for some reason very hard to fit. So frustrating that so many women have a hard time with properly-fitted bras and end up just making do...

Thats me. BraTenders is your place.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 08 2022, 7:06 pm
Just to update anyone who might benefit, we went to Inspirations on Kings Highway and it took a little while but got 2 new bras that so far she is very happy with. Interestingly, her size hadn't changed but she still needed different bras.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 08 2022, 7:07 pm
amother Magenta wrote:
You’re incredible for putting in the effort!! Large and saggy is so awkward for teens.
Orchard corset I had such a bad experience. She fitted my entire family with the Dominique bra that sticks out in the middle. Claiming it’s the best bra.
I like going to lace intimates in crown heights, but they are snobby! They’re great at fitting though. Now that I live out of New York, I shop online from bravissimo. I’ve had great experiences. They fit me via zoom and mail me the ones they think will work. Free shipping and free returns. The fitters are all so nice and so talented at fitting remotely!!
Personally, the bra that I’ve been wearing recently is the Fantasie memoir. It’s just an incredible style with great lift. I’m a 34i, for reference.
Good luck!

Thanks! Didn't see this till now but will keep it for future reference!

amother
Dahlia

Post Tue, Nov 08 2022, 7:24 pm
amother OP wrote:
Just to update anyone who might benefit, we went to Inspirations on Kings Highway and it took a little while but got 2 new bras that so far she is very happy with. Interestingly, her size hadn't changed but she still needed different bras.

Would you recommend them for a chubby teen, small chested, who is very sensory and wants something comfortable and not tight (been impossible to find)?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 08 2023, 8:12 pm
amother Dahlia wrote:
Would you recommend them for a chubby teen, small chested, who is very sensory and wants something comfortable and not tight (been impossible to find)?

Sorry, didn't see this till now. I'm honestly not sure, but I feel like if you're not having mazel anywhere, it's worth a shot. If it's hard for you to get there, maybe call and describe what you need over the phone and see what they say. I do think they will probably tell you, "Of course," and then when you get there it may or may not work. My daughter is actually not thrilled with the bras we bought there in the end. They are not uncomfortable, which is good, but she feels she can't run or do anything other than walk calmly in them, they are not supportive enough. But she had gotten very used to sports bras, so I think she may just not recognize what a regular bra feels like.

amother
Magenta

Post Mon, Jan 09 2023, 12:00 am
Take her to lace intimates in crown heights. I found that all the boro park stores only have minimizers and unpadded. In crown heights, they have a nice normal selection of bras with small numbers and big letters (brands like freya, fantasie, etc…)

amother
Puce

Post Mon, Jan 09 2023, 12:50 am
I’m quite a large size, and I would try bras from Fantasie, I recently discovered them and have found some really good ones, especially their bras with side support, they’re not minimizers but very supportive and give a nicer shape than minimizers.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics