Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Fish
Brown Sugar & Chili Rubbed Salmon Sheet Pan Dinner

Amarante

Post Tue, Sep 06 2022, 1:55 pm
This is really a one pan meal - fish, potatoes and veggie all cook together. The avocado sauce is a lovely addition

Easy to scale up

BROWN SUGAR AND CHILI–RUBBED SALMON SHEET PAN DINNER

Excerpt From: Jan Scott - Oven to Table

KID FRIENDLY, QUICK COOKING, GLUTEN-FREE

It’s hard to overstate just how much I love this casual and quick-cooking weeknight meal. Heart-healthy slices of salmon are sprinkled with a sweet and spicy dry rub and roasted to melt-in-your-mouth perfection. The potatoes, slick with olive oil and salt, take a turn in the oven first, to develop the golden brown and crispy exterior we covet, before meeting up with asparagus and salmon for a final roasting session. Dollops of avocado cream sauce complete the dish and provide a cool complement to the zippy salmon.

Serves 4

For the salmon and veggies
1 pound (450 g) baby potatoes, halved
3 tablespoons (45 mL) olive oil, divided
Kosher salt
¾ pound (340 g) fresh asparagus, ends trimmed
Zest of 1 lime
4 skin-on salmon filets (4 to 5 ounces/110 to 140 g each)
2 tablespoons (30 mL) light brown sugar
1 tablespoon (15 mL) chili powder

For the avocado cream sauce

1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and pitted
2 tablespoons (30 mL) fresh lime juice
3 tablespoons (45 mL) sour cream
2 tablespoons (30 mL) chopped fresh cilantro or parsley, plus extra for garnish
1 clove garlic
½ teaspoon (2 mL) kosher salt

1. Preheat the oven to 425°F (220°C). Line a rimmed sheet pan with parchment paper or aluminum foil.

2. Scatter the potatoes over the prepared pan and drizzle with 1 tablespoon (15 mL) oil. Sprinkle with salt and toss to combine. Place the potatoes cut side down and roast for 10 minutes or until the potatoes begin to brown on the bottom.

3. Turn the potatoes and push to one side of the pan. Add the asparagus to the empty side. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon (15 mL) oil and sprinkle with the lime zest. Season to taste with salt. Using tongs (because the pan is hot), carefully toss the asparagus to combine and then push to the edges of the pan, leaving space in the middle for the salmon filets.

4. Place the salmon filets, skin side down, in the middle of the sheet pan and brush with the remaining 1 tablespoon (15 mL) oil. In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, chili powder, ½ teaspoon (2 mL) salt, and cayenne. Sprinkle the brown sugar mixture evenly over each filet, rubbing it into the tops of the filets.

5. Roast for 10 to 12 minutes or until the salmon is just cooked through and the
asparagus is still crisp.

6. Meanwhile, make the avocado cream sauce. In the bowl of a food processor fitted with a steel blade, combine the avocado, lime juice, sour cream, cilantro, garlic, and salt. Blend until smooth.

7. To serve, divide the potatoes and asparagus between 4 plates. Top each with a piece of salmon and a dollop of the avocado cream sauce. Garnish with the cilantro and serve.

floridabubbe

Post Tue, Sep 06 2022, 2:27 pm
can I use something instead of sour cream so its not dairy?

Amarante

Post Wed, Sep 07 2022, 1:12 pm
floridabubbe wrote:
can I use something instead of sour cream so its not dairy?

I used sour cream because it was a fish dinner and I always take the opportunity to use real dairy if possible

You could of course use the pareve sour cream if you use it and like it.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics