Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Breastmilk and cavaties

baby's mom

Post Wed, Sep 28 2005, 12:09 am
I recently spoke with a mother who said that her baby had cavities because she nursed her at night shockI've heard not to give your baby a bottle at night since the milk isnt good for the baby's teeth does this apply to nursing mothers who nurse at night?
Anyone ever hear of babies who get cavaties because they were nursed in the middle of the night?

nicole81

Post Wed, Sep 28 2005, 12:29 am
although I don't know of any situations firsthand, I did read in what to expect (a notably overprecautionary book) that "baby bottle mouth" can also occur from nursing a baby to sleep.

mommy2

Post Thu, Sep 29 2005, 7:12 pm
My 4 yr doesnt have any cavities and was nursed to sleep.

Tefila

Post Thu, Sep 29 2005, 7:17 pm
Nursing or bottle feeding at night alone is not what causes cavitys! but together w/h bad teeth running in the gynes, and this could contribute to it. I'm quicker to blame gynes at this point though then the nursing Confused

chavamom

Post Thu, Sep 29 2005, 10:43 pm
Good article on breastfeeding and cavities.

BTW - my father is a dentist and my mother nursed us all, including at night for at least a year and he never told her to stop.

tzivi

Post Thu, Sep 29 2005, 10:48 pm
I have never heard that this could be a problem and I have nursed all of my kinderlach to sleep at night, and bh none had cavaties.

baby's mom

Post Fri, Sep 30 2005, 12:06 am
chavamom wrote:
Good article on breastfeeding and cavities.

BTW - my father is a dentist and my mother nursed us all, including at night for at least a year and he never told her to stop.

Great article, thanks Chavamom!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics