Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Non-ANON Unpopular opinions!
  Previous  1  2  3 25  26  27  Next

Thisisnotmyreal

Post Sat, Sep 03 2022, 9:10 pm
Broetry

cupcake123

Post Sun, Sep 04 2022, 6:47 am
Chickensoupprof wrote:
In addition to the above, I feel like that Lakewood should stop being the voice of how worldwide yeshivish/litvish people should act or do. Really respect our differences while we are in the UK or on the continent.

Also... I feel that people from the USA are generally dumber than people from the UK/Europe as in...I know the geography of the USA a bit even I have never been there but I had a huge book with an atlas as a kid. Whenever I speak with an American they seemed confused with 'The Netherlands' are asking me if it's near Amsterdam, If I say I'm Dutch they confuse it with Deutsch which is German... I mean really... Just open your Google Maps and browse how big the world is beyond Lakewood or whatever...

And also... Americans... You might think and hear we are not a free country with govermental/socialized medicines and no gun policy but we do live here just fine! Stop trying to convince me that your country is so much better...

Last opinion, nationalism and patriotism is something for people who don't have any sense of self but the country they were born into.

Ugh. Wow. You guys are so open minded. Except for Lakewood..that doesn't count...nice.

cupcake123

Post Sun, Sep 04 2022, 6:51 am
Have you ever heard of Guinea-Bissau? No? What a racist.

People in MERICA specifically Lakewood are so dumb. Banging head

zoom

Post Sun, Sep 04 2022, 7:10 am
Chickensoupprof wrote:
In addition to the above, I feel like that Lakewood should stop being the voice of how worldwide yeshivish/litvish people should act or do. Really respect our differences while we are in the UK or on the continent.

Also... I feel that people from the USA are generally dumber than people from the UK/Europe as in...I know the geography of the USA a bit even I have never been there but I had a huge book with an atlas as a kid. Whenever I speak with an American they seemed confused with 'The Netherlands' are asking me if it's near Amsterdam, If I say I'm Dutch they confuse it with Deutsch which is German... I mean really... Just open your Google Maps and browse how big the world is beyond Lakewood or whatever...

And also... Americans... You might think and hear we are not a free country with govermental/socialized medicines and no gun policy but we do live here just fine! Stop trying to convince me that your country is so much better...

Last opinion, nationalism and patriotism is something for people who don't have any sense of self but the country they were born into.

Wow !! Surprised

cupcake123

Post Sun, Sep 04 2022, 7:14 am
hodeez wrote:
I'm not agreeing but I do understand the sentiment somewhat. Foreigners who have never met people from Lakewood and only have imamother to reference. What do u want them to think when they see threads about women having more kids because everyone around them is, or what style backpack to give 3 year olds, or how only 2 in 100 girls have a yeshiva to attend. The sentiment is not true, but Lakewood does seem to be a 'type'.

And the "type" is that they're dumb???

Even if 1000 people in Lakewood care about random things that you think are dumb do you know how many of us live here. Over 100,000!
I'm closed minded and stupid because I don't know where Netherlands is but if foreigners judge Lakewood based on the people on imamother thats very smart and open minded of them

Yes I'm passionate. Dont judge. Not to the left and not to the right. Not more frum not less frum. Not OOT not in town. Seriously.

Machel

Post Tue, Sep 06 2022, 5:04 pm
There are times I wish I could take a pause from being frum and eat whatever I want / wear whatever I want. I love Shabbos but sometimes I get frustrated with only have 1 weekend day.

hodeez

Post Tue, Sep 06 2022, 5:07 pm
I love 3 day yomim tovim

fleetwood

Post Tue, Sep 06 2022, 5:19 pm
hodeez wrote:
I love 3 day yomim tovim

Me too!!

singleagain

Post Tue, Sep 06 2022, 7:09 pm
Certain pasta shapes taste better than others.

Thisisnotmyreal

Post Tue, Sep 06 2022, 7:42 pm
This is my favorite obnoxious thread

Simple1

Post Tue, Sep 06 2022, 7:43 pm
singleagain wrote:

I totally agree.

Not_in_my_town

Post Tue, Sep 06 2022, 7:48 pm
singleagain wrote:

There's actually a whole science behind the different shapes... Different shapes hold sauce differently, etc. So it's not so much an unpopular opinion than it is a fact. Smile

Java

Post Tue, Sep 06 2022, 8:00 pm
singleagain wrote:

THIS
and it has nothing to do with the sauce. Even unsauced some shapes taste better.
I started a thread on this once

foreverforward

Post Wed, Aug 02 2023, 9:21 pm
del

Last edited by foreverforward on Sun, Aug 20 2023, 9:46 am; edited 1 time in total

ap

Post Wed, Aug 02 2023, 9:55 pm
Obnurse and chocpretzel we think alike 😂

ittsamother

Post Wed, Aug 02 2023, 10:09 pm
Crookshanks wrote:
Snape was a good guy (Java this one's for you)

Ok I know this is from a year ago but I couldn't let this go.

Snape was an abusive bitter angry adult who took out his hurt feelings on literal children. I don't care if at the end of the day he was trying to do something good, over the course of 7 years 98% of his actions were horrible. The ends do not justify the means and his ends didn't even start to justify his means anyway!

He's a villain. Fight me.

ittsamother

Post Wed, Aug 02 2023, 10:11 pm
Also, spending ridiculous amounts of money on clothing and accessories simply because they are designer or brand name is a terrible waste of money that could have actually positively affected the lives of your fellow Jews in much more meaningful ways, and given you a bigger share in Olam Habah as opposed to some fancy bag sitting in your closet.

ap

Post Wed, Aug 02 2023, 10:17 pm
Married women are supposed to look Married

It's not always enjoyable being skinny

The more siblings the more fun!

chmom

Post Thu, Aug 03 2023, 4:24 am
There is nothing wrong with being gay

zoom

Post Thu, Aug 03 2023, 5:12 am
Sometimes I struggle with tznius and I wear stuff that is ok but borderline in my community.

Im on the same page as you ,but Im really struggling with it.

Im not trying to flaunt it or be obnoxious, its just one of my struggles.
Page 26 of 27   Previous  1  2  3 25  26  27  Next Recent Topics