Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Games
S/O from Have you ever to What would you do if..........

Rugelech

Post Mon, Sep 05 2022, 7:00 am
WHAT WOULD YOU DO IF:

You bought a Shabbos dress in the sale. Without you knowing your sister bought the same dress.
You cannot get a refund because it is too late to return the dress.

Would you give the dress away to a charity, would you wear the dress and hope you are not seen in the same place with the same dress, or what else?

Kiwi13

Post Mon, Sep 05 2022, 8:01 am
I'd happily match clothes with my sister. Who cares? :-)

What would you do if you were sweeping crumbs and then realized they were actually ants?

tweety1

Post Mon, Sep 05 2022, 9:46 am
First I would CRINGE, then scream, then sweep it up.

What would you do if you think you locked your bedroom door and one of your teenagers walk in on you having actual s-x? (It recently almost almost happened Punch)

birdie1

Post Mon, Sep 05 2022, 7:50 pm
tweety1 wrote:
First I would CRINGE, then scream, then sweep it up.

What would you do if you think you locked your bedroom door and one of your teenagers walk in on you having actual s-x? (It recently almost almost happened Punch)

Yikes! What I'd do? Shriek probably. Then hide under the covers. And have a serious conversation about knocking before entering.

What would you do if you're in the bathroom or shower and there's a blackout all of a sudden? The room is pitch dark and you don't have ur phone with u.

Rugelech

Post Tue, Sep 06 2022, 2:32 am
I would feel with my hands to find a wall and and then feel my way till I find a door.

What would you do if you were having guests for a Shabbos meal and they gave you an expensive bottle of wine which you know they expect you to serve at the meal but none of your family like that wine?

SG18

Post Tue, Sep 06 2022, 2:39 am
I would serve it. Maybe with a bottle my family prefers as well. When we bring a bottle of wine, it's always with the intention of wanting to drink it as well, even if our hosts aren't big wine drinkers.

What would you do if your fridge/freezer broke erev Rosh HaShana?

Goody2shoes

Post Tue, Sep 06 2022, 3:08 am
Depending what erev means. If it's the day of( which actually happened in my mom's house one year.) I would slvage what I can and try to get myself invited out for meals and promise to bring anything to help.
What would you do if there's no hot water in your home for three days already and it doesn't look like the situation is gonna get fixed so fast?

happytobemom

Post Tue, Sep 06 2022, 5:57 pm
alwayssmiling wrote:
Depending what erev means. If it's the day of( which actually happened in my mom's house one year.) I would slvage what I can and try to get myself invited out for meals and promise to bring anything to help.
What would you do if there's no hot water in your home for three days already and it doesn't look like the situation is gonna get fixed so fast?

The last two things actually happened to me last year, not far apart from each other. First my fridge broke, it was on its way out over Rosh Hashana. Not completely broken, so we were using it and always checking the milk and cheese to make sure they weren't spoiled. Then we got a new fridge on Erev Yom Kippur - a crazy time to be moving everything from my fridge/freezer into the new one and dealing with the appliance delivery and all that! (Baruch Hashem my landlord took care of it, so we didn't have the expense, but we could not do things on our schedule.)

Around the same time, we had no hot water for about a week. What did we do? Well I took a lot of cold showers that week, and thanked Hashem that the weather wasn't cold so the water wasn't freezing! A few times we took my kids to a relative or a neighbor to shower, and I even boiled my biggest pots with water to fill the bath and bathe the little ones - I felt like I went back 100 years, boiling water on the stove for the baths!

What would you do if you discovered your child's new teacher was your best friend?

Rugelech

Post Wed, Sep 07 2022, 2:53 am
I would continue being friends with her and not really speak to her about school matters unless I had an urgent issue.

What would you do if you saw someone steal something from a shop?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics