Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Crazy schedule

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 07 2022, 7:01 am
Bh for school.

BUT

I don't understand why the schools are make a tremendous hardship for the parents.

First my boys- yesterday they started at 10 and came home at noon. Today they start at 9 and come home at 2:30 as English doesn't start til next week.

My girls have orientation today. My elementary daughter has from 10-11. My high schooler has orientation from 11-1.

Both my husband a I work full times. This schedule is infuriating. We have to bend ourselves into a pretzel to accommodate this schedule

amother
Stonewash

Post Wed, Sep 07 2022, 8:04 am
The reality is that schools are planning their schedule around what they perceive as the needs of the students, not their parents. And logistical considerations.
I just wish our workplaces could be more accommodating.

mha3484

Post Wed, Sep 07 2022, 8:16 am
I agree with you OP. I think when school starts it needs to fully start. My boys had a half day first day and every other day regular schedule. We only have meet the Morah until 1st grade and its on a Sunday. For my son in pre1a it was the first day of school which was super annoying and no one understands why it cant be on Sunday like the girls.

I think schools need to be reasonable and plan a schedule that works for most people. I don't expect them to cater to my exact work schedule but there needs to be some middle ground. My work place is plenty accommodating but I have responsibilities that can be time sensitive. It cant be 100% on my boss to be flexible.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 07 2022, 8:19 am
amother Stonewash wrote:
The reality is that schools are planning their schedule around what they perceive as the needs of the students, not their parents. And logistical considerations.
I just wish our workplaces could be more accommodating.

My boss was mumbling about the ladies in the office not being reliable. I explained that we are juggling the kids schedules, appts and work. He doesn't get it

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 07 2022, 8:21 am
Why does a middle schooler need to go in for an hour of orientation? Do the speech the first day of school. How many parents have to take off the day after 2 weeks of the kids being home?

PeanutMama

Post Wed, Sep 07 2022, 8:36 am
I don’t understand it either, growing up once school started it was a whole consistent schedule. We went with our parents to orientation 2 entire weeks before school started.

Elementary school was 8:45am to 3
High school was 7:45-3:30 or 4 (and on if you took extracurricular classes)

If I started school the way my son did I’d be one confused kid.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 07 2022, 10:08 am
We never had orientation. First day and last day were always full days with transportation.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics