Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
In Israel for Tishrei... Please share advice/tips...
Previous  1  2

amother
Whitesmoke

Post Thu, Sep 01 2022, 6:19 am
essie14 wrote:
It can be very hot over Sukkot, especially if you will be leaving Jerusalem, you definitely need summer clothes.
ok thanks. I will check the weather closer to the trip.

chanchy123

Post Thu, Sep 01 2022, 6:36 am
amother Whitesmoke wrote:
My kids summer clothes are killed or too small or too summery and dh just announced he booked tickets to Israel. Long sleeve tees, long pants, and in between Shabbos make sense? Like no heavy sweaters but long sleeves?

No, they’ll be very hot in long sleeves.
Yes, by the time October comes along there will be long sleeve days - but most days will be hot to pleasant, even in Jerusalem.

abound

Post Thu, Sep 01 2022, 8:28 am
summer clothing only, sweatshirt/sweater for some evenings
If you plan on buying cooked foods best to order before and not buy by hte take out places, becuase they are more expensive.
papergoods are expensive here......but it is hard to shlep........so not sure how to do that.
all services cost more here.
Cleaning ladys are impossible to find
sitters can be expensive and hard to find.
always have water bottles on you, becuase of the weather.
be careful not to drink sink water- many people get sick since they are not used to it.

If I think of more I will post.

Trademark

Post Thu, Sep 01 2022, 9:38 am
Don't forget adapters! For internet you can get a cheap prepaid sim card there.

DustyDiamonds

Post Thu, Sep 01 2022, 9:44 am
If you plan to do some tiyulim, and not just stay indoors with AC, I would buy one of those portable neck fans for everyone!

We went a few times for Sukkos, and it’s HOT!

And in Israel you can get insulated water bottle holders with a strap that hold those standard size Israeli tall drink bottles. I poured out half into pitchers, and froze half, then before we left on a trip, poured the other half back in, so it stayed cold for a couple of hours. And each kid had to wear their own cross body style! And we still bought ice cream at every rest stop!

amother
Firebrick

Post Thu, Sep 01 2022, 2:54 pm
Trademark wrote:
Don't forget adapters! For internet you can get a cheap prepaid sim card there.

Where?

Trademark

Post Thu, Sep 01 2022, 3:31 pm
amother Firebrick wrote:
Where?

Any cellphone store/stand. I got one at the Central bus station in Yerushalayim.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 01 2022, 4:59 pm
Thank you so much for all responses! It's a big help.
I'm going with 2 kids ages 2 and 4.
Will stay in Jerusalem and about food I'll either eat by relatives or order the meals.
How are the food prices according to America?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Sep 04 2022, 10:27 am
Bumping up...
Anything else you have to say..
And to my question about food

Elfrida

Post Sun, Sep 04 2022, 10:55 am
When you earn in shekels, and spend in shekels, and have no real idea of prepared food prices in America, that's a rather hard question to answer.

chanchy123

Post Sun, Sep 04 2022, 11:46 am
amother OP wrote:
Bumping up...
Anything else you have to say..
And to my question about food

Just want to point out that when you’re a tourist food is always going to be more expensive than at home.
You’ll most probably be shopping at more conveniently located shops near attractions or the location you’ll be staying at - and probably less at the larger and cheaper supermarkets the locals use for their routine shopping, which are rather out of your way.
Also you are less familiar with the local brands, etc.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Sep 04 2022, 11:58 am
What about entertainment for the flight? I have a 2 and a 4 year old, girls

amother
Blueberry

Post Sun, Sep 04 2022, 12:13 pm
For entertainment for the flight:

I just flew with a 3 and 1 year old.

These water coloring books were amazing https://www.amazon.com/Melissa.....r=8-6

Also Jelly stickers they can stick and restick just make sure to clean up after https://www.amazon.com/Decorat.....r=8-7

Get them each their own little backpack and fill it up with random small toys from the dollar store, candy that isn't sticky (like winkies), and healthy snacks(apple slices, veggie sticks..). Then they can entertain themselves with their own special entertainment backpacks.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Sep 04 2022, 12:21 pm
amother Blueberry wrote:
For entertainment for the flight:

I just flew with a 3 and 1 year old.

These water coloring books were amazing https://www.amazon.com/Melissa.....r=8-6

Also Jelly stickers they can stick and restick just make sure to clean up after https://www.amazon.com/Decorat.....r=8-7

Get them each their own little backpack and fill it up with random small toys from the dollar store, candy that isn't sticky (like winkies), and healthy snacks(apple slices, veggie sticks..). Then they can entertain themselves with their own special entertainment backpacks.

This is really helpful.. Thanks it's already in my cart

amother
Cornsilk

Post Wed, Sep 07 2022, 3:33 pm
I also bought headphone for each kid, fidget and sensory toys (that aren't too noisy) are great for all ages
Mini travel magna doodles
The mini magnet board that has balls
Scratch art
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions