Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Neat Tzitzis how to for 4 yo
Previous  1  2

mfb

Post Mon, Sep 05 2022, 9:34 pm
momof2+? wrote:
I have the same question as you op. Both my boys get Tzitzis bunching at the neck.
I’m trying to understand what the clear elastics do. You tie the 2 on the right together and the 2 on the left together? Do you have to tie them every day? Or keep the elastics in?

I kept them in
It keeps the Tzitzis straight and the strings out of the toilet.
Unfortunately my son got a bit older and refuses to have them tied so now they are once again messy

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 06 2022, 7:49 pm
amother Bluebonnet wrote:
That makes sense, thanks. Have you tried different brands? What about the mesh sports type, if it comes in his size?

Is it possible to alter the size 4s so it fits him better?

I have a lot of the mesh because that's what dh has and I have those in all sizes. 2,3,4,5

Its so messy.

bcb

Post Tue, Sep 06 2022, 8:33 pm
They don’t allow by us undershirt Tzitzis so I got the round neck it fits more like a bib so it’s neater than v neck

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Tue, Sep 06 2022, 10:07 pm
I think I need a visual aid.... can anyone add a picture of the tzitzes tied at side?

amother
Babyblue

Post Tue, Sep 06 2022, 11:36 pm
amother Dodgerblue wrote:
I think I need a visual aid.... can anyone add a picture of the tzitzes tied at side?

Front right and back right side with clear pony if you look closely
They then slip it on like an undershirt

https://I.imgur.com/bmdpfwR.jpg

Hope the image works

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Wed, Sep 07 2022, 11:13 am
amother Babyblue wrote:
Front right and back right side with clear pony if you look closely
They then slip it on like an undershirt

https://I.imgur.com/bmdpfwR.jpg

Hope the image works

Ty. It does.

Rosemarie

Post Wed, Sep 07 2022, 8:17 pm
For those of you who cut the strings, I heard that before it's used you can cut them to the length you need. Only once it's been in use, it's a dvar mitzvah already, you can't cut with scissors. Maybe I'm wrong here.

But anyway, this summer my little boy was in shorts so I cut a new pair of tzitzis strings to not stick out too long. But I found that then the strings ends frayed after the first washing. Is there a way to prevent that?

Also, how do I prevent the knots from coming undone from washing or just wearing?

I'm seriously struggling to keep my little boys tzitzis looking neat. Any help would be appreciated

bsy

Post Wed, Sep 07 2022, 9:00 pm
Rosemarie wrote:
For those of you who cut the strings, I heard that before it's used you can cut them to the length you need. Only once it's been in use, it's a dvar mitzvah already, you can't cut with scissors. Maybe I'm wrong here.

But anyway, this summer my little boy was in shorts so I cut a new pair of tzitzis strings to not stick out too long. But I found that then the strings ends frayed after the first washing. Is there a way to prevent that?

Also, how do I prevent the knots from coming undone from washing or just wearing?

I'm seriously struggling to keep my little boys tzitzis looking neat. Any help would be appreciated

Clear nail polish on the ends of the strings can help prevent fraying

Rosemarie

Post Thu, Sep 08 2022, 9:32 am
bsy wrote:
Clear nail polish on the ends of the strings can help prevent fraying

Can I use that on the knots too? Or someone recently told me to put crazy glue on the knots. Would that work?

bsy

Post Thu, Sep 08 2022, 9:36 am
Rosemarie wrote:
Can I use that on the knots too? Or someone recently told me to put crazy glue on the knots. Would that work?

I imagine, why not. Personally, I dont bother and the messiness doesn't bother me.

amother
Cobalt

Post Thu, Sep 08 2022, 11:13 am
Rosemarie wrote:

I put crazy glue on the ends and it holds up beautifully. My son wears his tzitzis out but for inside I'd imagine it would bother against the skin.

YounginBP

Post Thu, Sep 08 2022, 12:01 pm
bsy wrote:
I imagine, why not. Personally, I dont bother and the messiness doesn't bother me.

I read somewhere that it may be a problem. Kind of like a chatzizah.

It didn't bother me enough, so I never looked into it. I do find myself tightening it quite often tho.

And yes, I also trim before first use with a regular scissors.

ETA - I meant to respond to Rosemarie.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics