Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
20 month old not eating most foods
Previous  1  2

amother
Dustypink

Post Fri, Sep 09 2022, 11:51 am
amother Maple wrote:
I wouldn't remove dairy. My daughter has dairy every morning with breakfast (yogurt or cottage cheese mostly), and it doesn't make her avoid other foods.
It's an important food group as well.
It makes some kids restrict themselves, and not others. Everyone’s biology is different. I would try it for 3 days and see if it helps.

amother
Babyblue

Post Fri, Sep 09 2022, 11:56 am
Why is he not in feeding therapy yet?
(Im a SLP)

amother
Clematis

Post Fri, Sep 09 2022, 12:01 pm
jd1212 wrote:
If someone offered you your least favorite food, and if you kvetched enough, they gave you bamba instead, what would you learn from that? Give a nutritious variety of foods you’re already making, if baby doesn’t eat any, toss it. Assuming growth curves are fine, a healthy child won’t starve herself. America is like the only place where parents play this stupid game of special kids food. Everyone else just feeds their kids off their plates.

1 million percent agreed. Many moms ask me how my kids eat healthy and how lucky I am my kids aren't that picky. But really when they were younge I gave them a good protein , each meal always a vegetable and some grain or starch. And that was it. They could chose the vegetable or even swap a protein here and there.. but No junk alternative. The snack was nuts and fruit. Yes sometimes they skipped something but it was made up in the next meal and bh they have always been healthy and weight was stable.

amother
Clematis

Post Fri, Sep 09 2022, 12:17 pm
jd1212 wrote:
If someone offered you your least favorite food, and if you kvetched enough, they gave you bamba instead, what would you learn from that? Give a nutritious variety of foods you’re already making, if baby doesn’t eat any, toss it. Assuming growth curves are fine, a healthy child won’t starve herself. America is like the only place where parents play this stupid game of special kids food. Everyone else just feeds their kids off their plates.

1 million percent agreed. Many moms ask me how my kids eat healthy and how lucky I am my kids aren't that picky. But really when they were younge I gave them a good protein , each meal always a vegetable and some grain or starch. And that was it. They could chose the vegetable or even swap a protein here and there.. but No junk alternative. The snack was nuts and fruit. Yes sometimes they skipped something but it was made up in the next meal and bh they have always been healthy and weight was stable.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics