Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
If you were pregnant and had Covid-19

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 07 2022, 3:25 pm
If it's been a few months since you had baby and baby is sleeping through the night now, are you still feeling lethargic?

I had Covid-19 almost a year ago, and I still feel like I can't get through the day without a nap or even 2 coffees--I used to not even drink coffee every day. The other day I drank my coffee and then went back to bed and fell asleep for 2 hours!

I don't know if it's long-covid or just life with a big family ka"h.

My baby sleeps well b"H so I can't blame it on her any more.

I feel like I can't get into work before 11am and I'm still so tired.

amother
Chambray

Post Wed, Sep 07 2022, 5:58 pm
maybe check thyroid

amother
Crystal

Post Wed, Sep 07 2022, 6:20 pm
I had Covid while I gave birth. I feel fine.

amother
Seablue

Post Wed, Sep 07 2022, 6:25 pm
I was pregnant and had covid. My “long-covid” was just a long lasting loss of taste, lasting 10 weeks. Otherwise I was then and still feel very good b”h

Rosie89

Post Wed, Sep 07 2022, 6:25 pm
Consider checking if you have mono.

amother
Springgreen

Post Wed, Sep 07 2022, 6:33 pm
I had long covid when the first varient hit in 2020. It took me many months to regain my strength. BH I'm fine now.

happy chick

Post Wed, Sep 07 2022, 6:39 pm
I had covid back in December 2021, I was 5 mos pregnant. Not vaccinated. It lasted close to a week, and bh all is well. Gave birth right after pesach and I'm always tired, but not any more than usual. Life is hectic. But I'm definitely functioning well, bh.

amother
Yarrow

Post Wed, Sep 07 2022, 7:14 pm
I had it in my 6th month. I didn't have any lingering affects.

amother
Mayflower

Post Wed, Sep 07 2022, 7:32 pm
Definitely look into if there’s any other medical things going on. Yes covid can cause long term symptoms but it’s much better to rule out anything else first rather than using it as a catch all scape goat

amother
Lightgray

Post Wed, Sep 07 2022, 8:10 pm
I had Covid when I was pregnant and I couldn’t get back to myself ( I had a hard time walking up the stairs that’s how exhausted I was) and I’m 30! I did blood work my b12 was extremely low I don’t think it has anything to do with each other but you never know

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 08 2022, 9:26 am
amother Lightgray wrote:
I had Covid when I was pregnant and I couldn’t get back to myself ( I had a hard time walking up the stairs that’s how exhausted I was) and I’m 30! I did blood work my b12 was extremely low I don’t think it has anything to do with each other but you never know

I was taking B12 for a while, I think it did help, not sure why I stopped. Will have to try that again.

amother
Lightgray

Post Thu, Sep 08 2022, 10:05 am
Is it low you can ask your doctor to get injections and it works within 12 hours you’ll feel like a new person

amother
Amethyst

Post Thu, Sep 08 2022, 10:20 am
I think what your experiencing is the exhaustion of life.

I had covid 7 months pregnant. I’m tired all the time, but just from life. My baby sleeps pretty well through the night, but I naturally go to sleep way too late so I never get enough sleep.

amother
Green

Post Thu, Sep 08 2022, 10:21 am
I could have written your post, had Covid a week before giving birth 8 months ago and still not fully back to my self. I keep on wondering if you lose some of your energy with each birth or if it's just the exhaustion of taking care of 2 little kids, but I barely get through the day I collapse as soon as DH gets home and there's another responsible adult that can take care of them.

amother
cornflower

Post Thu, Sep 08 2022, 10:59 am
It takes me at least a year to recover from birth.
And I have trouble walking up the stairs while pregnant WITHOUT Covid!

Roots

Post Thu, Sep 08 2022, 11:59 am
ot covid at 8 months pregnany after both vaccines and booster
it was very short and I feel 100 fine BH

amother
Tealblue

Post Thu, Sep 08 2022, 2:49 pm
Did you check your iron levels?

amother
Ultramarine

Post Thu, Sep 08 2022, 3:22 pm
I had it pretty bad and was hospitalized when pregnant. Bh feel completely fine now. Even though I had it a second time earlier this year. Go to the doc for evaluation. Could be long Covid but could also be something else.

ChossidMom

Post Sun, Sep 11 2022, 6:17 am
Not connected to pregnancy - alot of people are having alot of lethargy and worse from having had Covid - even two years ago. My daughter is unjabbed and had very light Covid way back at the beginning. She has tingling in her hands and feet. A few months ago she started to take aspirin daily and this has helped her in a big way. Aspirin can really make a difference. One of the things with Covid (and the shot) are causing microclots in the blood. This can cause pain in different places, lethargy and a host of other things. Taking a blood thinner like aspirin really helps. If you want to go the natural route you can try enzymes like Nattokinase or Lumbrokinase (no hechser on the Lumbrokinase). My guess is that being after birth is in itself a challenging situation. Being after birth and after Covid is even more so. You need to build yourself up again. Hope you are taking supplements and know if anything is missing (Vitamin D, B's etc.) in your bloodwork.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics