Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Has anyone downloaded the App from Raizy Fried?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9

amother
Azalea

Post Sat, Sep 10 2022, 11:44 pm
There is no standard Chassidish cookie cutter mold. Skvere is totally different to Gur, Belz is different to Sanz and Satmar itself has all kinds.
I'm Chassidish, I drive. My neighbor is Chassidish, double covered and doesn't drive. Her kids go to a very Chassidish school, mine go to a Yeshivish/Chassidish mixed one. But. She has a smartphone and I don't. We're both Chassidish, we're very close neighbors but our lifestyle and the way we look is not the same.
We each have our own lifestyle, our own path, our own Tafkid.
Personally I don't have Instagram access so I'm not the baki on influencers. But to me it seems like Raizy is doing a good job, balancing her path and her business.

amother
IndianRed

Post Sat, Sep 10 2022, 11:49 pm
I don't think raizy or malky were the original. They copied the Jimmy Kimmel show
So none of them thought of it first!

amother
Snow

Post Sat, Sep 10 2022, 11:50 pm
All the arguments over Raizy vs. Malky and who was first are ridiculous. A talk show style, live recorded show is not the same thing at all, as an entertainment app with interviews. Yes Malky could technically put her content onto an app to reach a wider audience but she has not. She has produced and recorded a talk show style show. Not an app.

amother
Mayflower

Post Sat, Sep 10 2022, 11:59 pm
amother IndianRed wrote:
I don't think raizy or malky were the original. They copied the Jimmy Kimmel show
So none of them thought of it first!

Yeah, Malky is copying the Ellen show.

amother
Opal

Post Sun, Sep 11 2022, 12:04 am
You people are all being ridiculous.
I know Raizy from school, I know her family. She has great talent and is using it in an amazing way. She has values, is sticking to a very Chassidish lifestyle with pride, and is just enjoying her talents.
You don’t all have to like it. It’s ok. You can now shut up about it. She is doing nothing wrong even if you don’t agree with her style.

amother
Oldlace

Post Sun, Sep 11 2022, 12:07 am
Ruchi wrote:
A chassidishe woman putting herself out publicly on Instagram and on an app is definitely not atypical.
It's something that clashes with the chassidishe mehalech.

Though, Raizy has forged her own path and is fully confident about it.
We have to remember that Not everyone fits into the standard and typical chassidishe cookie cutter mould.
Raizy has found a happy balance for herself yet still loves and embraces the chassidishe things that are meaningful to her

I totally fargin Raizy to earn big money and have lots of success.
I have her cookbook and I'm really amazed at her talents ka"h.

I know I said I'm out of here but I'm still reading so I had to add to this post. In spite of what I posted and some posters misconstruing my intentions, I have nothing against Raizy and I purchased both of her cookbooks, one of which I use all the time for Shabbos and YT cooking. I love her enthusiasm for Shabbos and it has created a ripple effect in my home too of planning and preparing for and enjoying Shabbos and YT in a way I hadn't done before buying her book.

Rubies

Post Sun, Sep 11 2022, 12:39 am
After all this can someone post the names of her cookbook?

amother
Copper

Post Sun, Sep 11 2022, 12:55 am
Rubies wrote:
After all this can someone post the names of her cookbook?

amother
Acacia

Post Sun, Sep 11 2022, 12:08 pm
amother Ivory wrote:
Yes, it feels cheap. If she knew she was working on this competition to Mlaky she shouldn’t have appeared on her show . I feel like she backstabbed her.

Another point… does she have an advisory board? A rav okaying her content? We are so careful with the chol hamoed films that they shoudl pass rabbinical approval and even articles in magazines get censored by a board . I think that she is interviewing ppl of diff backgrounds which is beautiful exposure and yet that can be dangerous because who is making sure all this philosophy and psychology is in line with our values? Putting a covering on your head doesn’t kasher everything..,
Specifically because she is chassidish she does have a responsibility

Off topic but I really don't rely on any rabbanim to censor any of the films or magazines for me
When the films say "approved by noted mechanchos" it's a big joke. Who are these noted mechanchos? They never put R Chaim Kanievsky's name on there

And one of the magazines used to have rabbis@magazinex.com or something similar for the name of the rabbanim on editorial board. They use the rabbanim who they want to use. So censor it for yourself and ask your own shailas if necessary, who says their rabbanim are the ones you would follow anyway??

Like everything in life go in with an open mind and if you want or need to ask a shaila, ask it yourself from someone who you respect personally
Page 9 of 9   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 Recent Topics