Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Her Majesty the Queen has Passed Away
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9

Plonis

Post Sun, Sep 11 2022, 3:07 pm
estherj wrote:
I tried searching for her accomplishments multiple times. There were none. She simply existed. The emperor has no clothes.

Not all accomplishments lend themselves to bullet points on a list.

The Queen conducted herself regally and in a dignified manner in the public eye for 70 years. She took her duties to her country very seriously and prioritized them over any personal desires.

If she had done nothing but that, her death would still be a tragedy, as a rare public figure who was actually someone to learn from and emulate.

sequoia

Post Sun, Sep 11 2022, 3:18 pm
She did a lot behind the scenes.

As a constitutional monarch, she was limited in her freedom of expression. She couldn’t take sides. She couldn’t appear to favor one political party or policy over another. She pretty much had to restrict her public remarks to the most parve, anodyne statements.

But behind the scenes she helped a lot of people.

She helped Ukraine out of her own money, not the British taxpayers’.

etky

Post Sun, Sep 11 2022, 3:23 pm
PinkFridge wrote:
You may not have know R' Yanky Meyer, zt"l, but if you get any frum publication (JP to Binah and everything in between) you can be sure you will see articles that will make you appreciate the loss.

So I googled him.
A very sad, untimely loss.
The death of a person of that caliber, who channeled so much productive energy into such important endeavors is indeed a tragedy for the Jewish community.

Brownies

Post Sun, Sep 11 2022, 3:41 pm
Plonis wrote:
Not all accomplishments lend themselves to bullet points on a list.

The Queen conducted herself regally and in a dignified manner in the public eye for 70 years. She took her duties to her country very seriously and prioritized them over any personal desires.

If she had done nothing but that, her death would still be a tragedy, as a rare public figure who was actually someone to learn from and emulate.

Very well said!

PinkFridge

Post Sun, Sep 11 2022, 4:11 pm
etky wrote:
So I googled him.
A very sad, untimely loss.
The death of a person of that caliber, who channeled so much productive energy into such important endeavors is indeed a tragedy for the Jewish community.

It's a message, too.
Please don't get me wrong. I understand how the Queen's death was striking. No one gets 120 but there are some people who get closer. But this was a different message.
Page 9 of 9   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 Recent Topics