Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Notable Clips & Links
2 minute clip of Charles proclaimed as King

bracing

Post Sun, Sep 11 2022, 3:15 pm
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-62862572

I found it very interesting!

zaq

Post Sun, Sep 11 2022, 4:07 pm
Charles will never be the monarch that his mother was. How could he be? The man doesn't have the intestinal fortitude of an earthworm. Too self-centered to commit himself to his girlfriend,he went off to military service assuming she'd stick around till he got out. Came back to find her married, he nevertheless carried on an affair with her. When his mother, exasperated, told him to fish or cut bait, he courted an innocent young woman she selected for him, while still dallying openly with his inamorata. What a fine example of British "nobility."

NotInNJMommy

Post Sun, Sep 11 2022, 4:12 pm
Fascinating. I find it so interesting to appreciate this idea of a monarch, lhavdil, to which as a American and Jew in galus, I cannot directly relate. I think the examples of monarchy and the rituals/practices involved in today's monarchies, lhavdil, can give us food for thought about our own Moshiach to be crowned speedily in our days and our lives to come with our own Jewish monarch!

PinkFridge

Post Sun, Sep 11 2022, 4:12 pm
bracing wrote:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-62862572

I found it very interesting!

I don't know if this is the same clip but someone sent me parts of a 9 minute clip where he very eloquently plays tribute to his mother.

DrMom

Post Sun, Sep 11 2022, 4:13 pm
Fascinating.

imorethanamother

Post Sun, Sep 11 2022, 5:19 pm
The pomp and circumstance are all very timely, with rosh hashana being two weeks away.

So interesting.

SuperWify

Post Sun, Sep 11 2022, 5:20 pm
Honestly, it looks like a staged play.

mrsnistar

Post Sun, Sep 11 2022, 6:40 pm
NotInNJMommy wrote:
... I think the examples of monarchy and the rituals/practices involved in today's monarchies, lhavdil, can give us food for thought about our own Moshiach to be crowned speedily in our days and our lives to come with our own Jewish monarch!

When Moshiach comes, the only Monarch will be Hashem!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> The Social Scene -> Notable Clips & Links