Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection
Absolutely most fav and easy stuffed cabbage

amother
OP

Post Sun, Sep 11 2022, 7:30 pm
Please hit me up with your best recipes.
My requirements are soft and tasty! I also have no idea how to get those cabbage pieces đŸ˜—đŸ˜—

ra_mom

Post Sun, Sep 11 2022, 7:40 pm
For easy preparation, put the cabbage head in the freezer 2 days before you plan to make the stuffed cabbage. This way the leaves become nice and translucent and easy to check and roll.
One thawed, gently separate the leaves and use a sharp knife to remove the tough center of each leaf. Rinse each one well. This is your base.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Sep 11 2022, 7:48 pm
ra_mom wrote:
For easy preparation, put the cabbage head in the freezer 2 days before you plan to make the stuffed cabbage. This way the leaves become nice and translucent and easy to check and roll.
One thawed, gently separate the leaves and use a sharp knife to remove the tough center of each leaf. Rinse each one well. This is your base.

Thank you! Do they need to be checked for bugs I assume? Also, do I roll and tuck them blintz style?

ra_mom

Post Sun, Sep 11 2022, 7:59 pm
amother OP wrote:
Thank you! Do they need to be checked for bugs I assume? Also, do I roll and tuck them blintz style?

If they are frozen and defrosted, you just need to check as you rinse them. Very easy to see and keep clean once they're translucent.

To roll, place about 1/4 - 1/3 cup of the meat filling on one cabbage leaf. Tuck one side of the leaf in, over the meat, and roll upward, tucking in the other side after the leaf is completely encircling the meat. Lay seam side down.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics