Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
New City - can you clarify?
Previous  1  2  3

amother
Wandflower

Post Mon, Jul 11 2022, 3:01 pm
I know a women who moved to a non-Jewish area in New City with her kids because she was expecting other frum people to move there as well. She stuck it out there for a few years and no one else joined her. She made about 90k on her house (townhouse) and sold and moved back to main monsey.

BrachaBatya

Post Mon, Jul 11 2022, 5:52 pm
amother [ Diamond ] wrote:
It’s close to the border of spring valley and new city

Thanks, got it! I think I know the area you are speaking of! : )

BrachaBatya

Post Mon, Jul 11 2022, 5:54 pm
amother [ Wandflower ] wrote:
I know a women who moved to a non-Jewish area in New City with her kids because she was expecting other frum people to move there as well. She stuck it out there for a few years and no one else joined her. She made about 90k on her house (townhouse) and sold and moved back to main monsey.

Wow! That's pretty interesting. I guess it really depends on which part of New City, as there are many neighborhoods that are not frum (more mixed of all backgrounds, including more liberal Jewish residents).

Glad your acquaintance made a profit on her home at least! : )

amother
Powderblue

Post Tue, Jul 12 2022, 8:24 pm
Not_in_my_town wrote:
Can we not say "the" chasidim? Or "the" yeshivish? Or "the" anything. "The" blacks. "The" Spanish. "The" Jews.
It makes a group of people the other. "Them."

Answer to question deleted because I had second thoughts about posting where the most heavily concentrated areas of frum Jews is. I got the funny feeling that posting such info on the open internet is a bad, dangerous idea.
relax. I’m chassidish and looking to buy

Not_in_my_town

Post Tue, Jul 12 2022, 9:07 pm
amother [ Powderblue ] wrote:
relax. I’m chassidish and looking to buy

It's not about you. It's about the fact that I don't want the most populated areas easily accessible to anyone on the internet. Unfortunately, there have been terrorists caught with Jewish school addresses in their cars. I don't want to make the information any easier to access for someone who may have nefarious intent. Not you, just in general.

It's easy enough to find out by calling a broker.

If you want, you can PM me. I know an amazing house in the hottest chasidishe area that is up for sale.

4000-6000 square feet, total living area. Private fenced in yard with shade tree. 5 bedrooms, 3 baths, two floors and a huge, full storied attic, unique paint job. 3 years old.
That's the main house. Then it has a 2 bedroom rental. And a 2 bedroom older house that can be fixed up to be liveable. It's gorgeous and one of a kind.

amother
Lightgray

Post Mon, Jul 18 2022, 9:58 am
I am interested in learning more about the areas in New City. which shuls are friendly and young and not chassidish

amother
Diamond

Post Mon, Jul 18 2022, 11:17 am
amother [ Lightgray ] wrote:
I am interested in learning more about the areas in New City. which shuls are friendly and young and not chassidish

Come to the new area around north little tor road

devorah_

Post Sun, Sep 11 2022, 11:56 pm
amother Diamond wrote:
Hi OP
I recently moved to new city- but to a new part where frum people just started moving in this year, it’s the streets along north little tor road (a 2 minute drive from all the frum people in the buena vista area of new city).
The way you described your family sounds just like mine. We would love to have you come join our neighborhood! Our shul is just starting up, we don’t have a rav yet but the families are a range of more modern to more yeshivish, kids are in all of the different monsey schools.
We are getting an eruv this summer too

We are moving to New City, along N Little Tor and Saw Mill Rd. Where is your shul located exactly? We would love to come check it out

devorah_

Post Mon, Sep 12 2022, 12:12 am
amother Pansy wrote:
Yes. And those affiliated with the yeshiva are the ones that are yeshivish in the area.
But it’s a fraction of the population.

Our neighborhood chat has about 150 women and the yeshivish ones aren’t on it (they don’t have smartphones).

Hi! Any way I can be added to the women’s neighborhood chat? Moving soon from main Monsey and don’t really know anyone in New City yet, really wanting to meet other women and to also find neighbor friends for my kids and husband. Can you maybe pm me and we can talk? Really appreciate the help!

amother
Blushpink

Post Mon, Sep 12 2022, 12:32 am
Not_in_my_town wrote:
It's not about you. It's about the fact that I don't want the most populated areas easily accessible to anyone on the internet. Unfortunately, there have been terrorists caught with Jewish school addresses in their cars. I don't want to make the information any easier to access for someone who may have nefarious intent. Not you, just in general.

It's easy enough to find out by calling a broker.

If you want, you can PM me. I know an amazing house in the hottest chasidishe area that is up for sale.

4000-6000 square feet, total living area. Private fenced in yard with shade tree. 5 bedrooms, 3 baths, two floors and a huge, full storied attic, unique paint job. 3 years old.
That's the main house. Then it has a 2 bedroom rental. And a 2 bedroom older house that can be fixed up to be liveable. It's gorgeous and one of a kind.

LOL

gottago

Post Sun, Dec 04 2022, 10:47 pm
I'm curious about new city. Afew people posted that there's a Neighborhood/ shul that doesn't have a rav. Are they looking for a rav?

amother
Diamond

Post Sun, Dec 04 2022, 10:59 pm
devorah_ wrote:
We are moving to New City, along N Little Tor and Saw Mill Rd. Where is your shul located exactly? We would love to come check it out

Hi I just saw your post. Did you move yet? The shul is on waverly court

amother
Diamond

Post Sun, Dec 04 2022, 11:00 pm
gottago wrote:
I'm curious about new city. Afew people posted that there's a Neighborhood/ shul that doesn't have a rav. Are they looking for a rav?

Yes

devorah_

Post Wed, Dec 07 2022, 7:31 am
amother Diamond wrote:
Hi I just saw your post. Did you move yet? The shul is on waverly court

Just moved Monday! And my husband has been driving so far for minyanim Sad can you tell me exactly where on Waverly Ct maybe in a pm please? Would hate to not have a place to daven on Shabbos

amother
Diamond

Post Wed, Dec 07 2022, 9:30 am
devorah_ wrote:
Just moved Monday! And my husband has been driving so far for minyanim Sad can you tell me exactly where on Waverly Ct maybe in a pm please? Would hate to not have a place to daven on Shabbos

I pm’d you

gottago

Post Sun, Dec 11 2022, 10:49 pm
amother Diamond wrote:
Yes

Can you please pm me ? I know someone looking for a rav position in the Monsey area

shanamaidel

Post Fri, Mar 10 2023, 4:36 pm
Does anyone know of Harvest Rd? Do frum people live around there or on the block? Are there any shuls around there? Any help would be appreciated! We're clueless!
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating