Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Your views on lace
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6

Do you have lace wigs?
Yes, lace top.  
 31%  [ 71 ]
Yes, lace front.  
 18%  [ 42 ]
No, just skin top.  
 49%  [ 110 ]
Total Votes : 223

essie14

Post Mon, Sep 12 2022, 12:18 pm
happysmile1 wrote:
Good point!

Women are naturally attractive to men which is why in our frum society events and simchas are separate. Ideally women are not supposed to be around men alot or interacting with them too much. Different men find different looks attractive- Hashem made women nice looking.

A modest head covering does an amazing job of making a woman invisible to men:)

I know personally when I wear a tichel (no matter how nice) as opposed to a nice wig I am much more ignored by men. Suddenly I am called Rebbetzin:)

This is so untrue. You really sound ridiculous spouting this nonsense.
No man I know wants his wife to look dumpy in public and beautiful at home. Seriously no one.
Smachot are not separate in my circles. Somehow no man has hit on me while I'm wearing a lace top wig at a mixed simcha! Wow, imagine that!

amother
Pear

Post Mon, Sep 12 2022, 12:19 pm
My lace is a little longer than shoulder length. It’s a bland brown color. I often wear it pulled into a ponytail. When I am working and running around.

It’s far from va va voomy and s-xy. Why do I wear it?

It’s wildly more comfortable than any other wig I have ever had, and weirdly it stays in place better.

Yea it looks natural. But honestly there is a line where the lace starts and if you are close to me you can see it.

And I can tell peoples lace a mile away. (Not a mile. But close up)

happysmile1

Post Mon, Sep 12 2022, 12:19 pm
I don't think that a woman has the same reaction to an attractive man that a man has to an attractive woman:)

That is not the way Hashem created the world

amother
Gardenia

Post Mon, Sep 12 2022, 12:22 pm
happysmile1 wrote:
I don't think that a woman has the same reaction to an attractive man that a man has to an attractive woman:)

No, because I don’t have male genitalia so I’m not getting hard but I’m a zexual human being just like any other human

essie14

Post Mon, Sep 12 2022, 12:27 pm
happysmile1 wrote:

I disagree.

amother
Acacia

Post Mon, Sep 12 2022, 12:31 pm
happysmile1 wrote:
Good point!

Women are naturally attractive to men which is why in our frum society events and simchas are separate. Ideally women are not supposed to be around men alot or interacting with them too much. Different men find different looks attractive- Hashem made women nice looking.

I know personally when I wear a tichel (no matter how nice) as opposed to a nice wig I am much more ignored by men. Suddenly I am called Rebbetzin:)

I dont want to be invisible to anyone, not even men.

And I wouldnt want to be called rebbetzin because I look more "farfrumpt."

Makehumusnotwar

Post Mon, Sep 12 2022, 12:42 pm
happysmile1 wrote:
Good point!

Are you for real?

shabbatiscoming

Post Mon, Sep 12 2022, 3:12 pm
happysmile1 wrote:
Good point!

There are frum people who have mixed events. Everyone acts like normal non s-xual adults.
And again, women do NOT have to be invisible.
And lastly about a wig or mitpachat, this is so community specific. Where I live most women are wearing mitpachot (I live in a dati leumi community) so men are not being ignored. Its just part of every day life and men look at women and women look at men.

The frum world is not how you are giving it over.

shabbatiscoming

Post Mon, Sep 12 2022, 3:15 pm
happysmile1 wrote:
I have friends that are married to men that are baal teshuvas who hate the sheitels. They asked their wives not to wear them because they feel that it makes their wives look unmarried and too provocative.

They love the tichels:)
First of all, what does being a baal teshuva have anything to do with what one's husband may or may not prefer their wives cover with?
Page 6 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels