Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Stroller recommendation for relative who only has one hand?
Previous  1  2

amother
Freesia

Post Sun, Aug 28 2022, 7:02 pm
City mini gt

bsy

Post Sun, Aug 28 2022, 8:07 pm
amother Freesia wrote:
City mini gt

It does not sit up with one hand

amother
Geranium

Post Sun, Aug 28 2022, 8:13 pm
amother Catmint wrote:
All bugaboos are 2 handed folds.

The butterfly is a 1 hand fold.

mha3484

Post Sun, Aug 28 2022, 8:37 pm
I just easily folded my uppa baby minu with one hand. Unfolding it has a clip to get around but I think someome could make it work. I would go to a baby store and try it out and see if you can find a work around.

You can get a basinet for a newborn.

amother
Hunter

Post Sun, Aug 28 2022, 11:42 pm
Contact support groups for people who have Holt-Oram Syndrome. They may have some useful suggestions.

amother
Mintcream

Post Sun, Aug 28 2022, 11:46 pm
amother Catmint wrote:
All bugaboos are 2 handed folds.

The butterfly that was released in June is a one hand fold.
I have it.
It folds with one click on the handlebar.

amother
Ultramarine

Post Tue, Aug 30 2022, 11:33 pm
I have the Cybex Mios. It definitely folds, unfolds, breaks/un-breaks, reclines and sits up one-handed.

There is a function for raising and lowering the footrest that takes two hands. Attaching and un-attaching the seat (or if she would use a bassinet or carseat attachment--I don't have those but I surmise) takes two hands.

It's definitely not meant to use from birth with the seat, although maybe you could... It reclines pretty far back but I don't think completely flat). There are bassinets available but I'm not sure how that works with the fold because I don't have one.

All that said, once it's folded it's pretty small and on the lighter side but it's not amazingly compact/light. Depending on the trunk, it may be hard to heft it in there at the right angle to make it stay--I know I usually use two hands to position it to where it needs to be (on its side) for me to close the door. But I have a very tiny trunk, with a normal trunk it would probably be fine.

losingweight

Post Wed, Aug 31 2022, 12:20 am
Dream on Me travel stroller is a one hand fold and unfold that lies flat. And it's not very expensive and wheels amzing. reclining is for sure one hand. Sitting up you need to pull two sides of astrap and I think it can be done one at a time. I think that your relative will find it easier to use just a stroller and leave the car seat in the car. It's cumbersome to take it in and out and requires two hands usually.

amother
Ivory

Post Wed, Aug 31 2022, 12:26 am
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:
Having one that's car seat friendly might be very beneficial since many one hand folds are with the intention to be holding the baby in the other. She may need baby "parked" in a car seat before baby is old enough to be put down on ground when out of the stroller.

You don’t hold a baby with your hands, you hold the baby in your arm. She should be good for that. I agree with the suggestion of trying some out in person.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Sep 12 2022, 4:52 pm
Thanks so much to all who answered! She looked up some of these online and thinks there is potential, she will definitely go try some out at a store in person. But because she doesn't live particularly close to a store, she wants some ideas up front to make sure she goes somewhere where they have something she is looking for and also to have some knowledge going in.

Any additional stroller suggestions meeting the criteria are welcome!

lasagna

Post Mon, Sep 12 2022, 6:32 pm
Citi mini gt single! Raising the recline is a two hand job, however, she can use her knee to push the seat up while holding the loosening strap. Everything else Abt the stroller is great for her! I have pushed it with one hand and it was smooth and able to be steared.
Removing the car seat will be a challenge but I wonder if there is a way for her to add a strap to the release mechanism of the car seat to detach it with one hand while also lifting it?

amother
PlumPink

Post Mon, Sep 12 2022, 6:34 pm
City mini or Uppababy.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics