Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Child & Baby Products
Poll: What would u think if a child wears this for weekday?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6

Would you think its weird for a kid to wear this for weekday?
It's ok for weekday  
 30%  [ 25 ]
It's total shabbos  
 69%  [ 58 ]
Total Votes : 83

amother
Topaz

Post Mon, Sep 12 2022, 5:06 pm
amother Indigo wrote:
"Compare at" does not mean that this dress has ever been sold at that inflated price, or even that it is available anywhere other than Ali.

The only thing that says "shabbat" or even "anything more than Target" about this dress is the smocking. While its difficult to judge fabric from a photo, this looks like cheap, well, Ali fabric.
IMNSHO, its fine for weekdays.

It’s sold in many stores at that price. It’s a real company.

amother
Indigo

Post Mon, Sep 12 2022, 5:31 pm
amother Topaz wrote:
It’s sold in many stores at that price. It’s a real company.

There are only a few possibilities.

(1) It is a knockoff, similar dress. "Compare at" means "similar style," but less luxe. OK

(2) Its counterfeit. It should not be purchased, because counterfeiting is theft.

(3) Its genuine. Anyone who buys it at a higher price is a fool.

ETA, and in both pictures, there is terrible puckering in the placket and hem. This does not look like a high end dress to me.

amother
Bone

Post Mon, Sep 12 2022, 5:54 pm
amother Indigo wrote:
There are only a few possibilities.

(1) It is a knockoff, similar dress. "Compare at" means "similar style," but less luxe. OK

(2) Its counterfeit. It should not be purchased, because counterfeiting is theft.

(3) Its genuine. Anyone who buys it at a higher price is a fool.

ETA, and in both pictures, there is terrible puckering in the placket and hem. This does not look like a high end dress to me.

As OP said above it copies the original dress down to the fake label and tags. It is 100% counterfeit. Many of these things that Alivibes and Alispecials or whatever posts are straight up copies of original brands. Ali Express is full of this kind of counterfeit stuff. It’s awful how people are not ashamed to support this.

And I don’t even buy these 140$ dresses so don’t accuse me of trying to make sure only wealthy people can wear these styles.

amother
Snowflake

Post Mon, Sep 12 2022, 7:21 pm
amother Bone wrote:
As OP said above it copies the original dress down to the fake label and tags. It is 100% counterfeit. Many of these things that Alivibes and Alispecials or whatever posts are straight up copies of original brands. Ali Express is full of this kind of counterfeit stuff. It’s awful how people are not ashamed to support this.

And I don’t even buy these 140$ dresses so don’t accuse me of trying to make sure only wealthy people can wear these styles.

How do you know they aren't all getting it from the same supplier?

The Jewish brand dresses often aren't the best quality, regardless of price.

amother
Bone

Post Mon, Sep 12 2022, 8:08 pm
amother Snowflake wrote:
How do you know they aren't all getting it from the same supplier?

The Jewish brand dresses often aren't the best quality, regardless of price.

This is not a Jewish brand dress. And two people getting it from the same supplier but putting it out under different brands is very different than somebody stealing a design and selling it with the same label and tag. I can promise you that Louisella is not selling their clothing on Ali express for a fifth of the price that they’re selling it everywhere else. Do you think the 50$ Chanel flats sold on Ali are the real deal too?

If you look it up on a website like Shan and Toad the Louisella dresses are made in Korea and the ones on Ali say that they’re made in China. It’s not the same dress it’s an exact copy and it’s 100% stealing to support this. You’re fooling yourself if you think otherwise. Ali has copies of all the popular kids brands.

Congresswoman

Post Mon, Sep 12 2022, 8:21 pm
I can’t believe this thread is still ongoing Banging head

im shy

Post Mon, Sep 12 2022, 8:30 pm
amother Bone wrote:
This is not a Jewish brand dress. And two people getting it from the same supplier but putting it out under different brands is very different than somebody stealing a design and selling it with the same label and tag. I can promise you that Louisella is not selling their clothing on Ali express for a fifth of the price that they’re selling it everywhere else. Do you think the 50$ Chanel flats sold on Ali are the real deal too?

If you look it up on a website like Shan and Toad the Louisella dresses are made in Korea and the ones on Ali say that they’re made in China. It’s not the same dress it’s an exact copy and it’s 100% stealing to support this. You’re fooling yourself if you think otherwise. Ali has copies of all the popular kids brands.

I wouldn't think Chanel flats on Ali are real. But afaik Louisiella from Ali ships from Korea, so if you're saying that Louisiella dresses are also made in Korea it makes me wonder. Especially that the items are presale, why can't it be the leftovers or imperfects from the original brand.

creditcards

Post Mon, Sep 12 2022, 10:50 pm
amother Bone wrote:

How can it be copied so fast? It's a dress from this season. I would assume they tried copying the picture and used a cheaper fabric. This summer I ordered 2 of the same dress, same exact picture but from different sellers and it was a different fabric and different cut and differently sewn. One seller didn't have all the sizes so I ordered for my other daughter from a different seller. It's not the first time I get different items for the same picture.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Sep 12 2022, 11:10 pm
creditcards wrote:
How can it be copied so fast? It's a dress from this season. I would assume they tried copying the picture and used a cheaper fabric. This summer I ordered 2 of the same dress, same exact picture but from different sellers and it was a different fabric and different cut and differently sewn. One seller didn't have all the sizes so I ordered for my other daughter from a different seller. It's not the first time I get different items for the same picture.

Last edited by amother on Mon, Feb 20 2023, 9:26 pm; edited 2 times in total

amother
Topaz

Post Mon, Sep 12 2022, 11:13 pm
creditcards wrote:

The factories in china have workers that steal the designs, copy them exactly and then sell it on ali. They often sell the copy the same time as the real ones are selling.

imaima

Post Tue, Sep 13 2022, 12:47 am
amother Bone wrote:

I would think the other way around, Jewish brands buy on Ali and rebrand and sell it as high end, the same way it is done with sheitels that are „European“.
Page 6 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6 Recent Topics