Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Teachers, where do you find a nice teachers bag for urslf?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Sep 11 2022, 1:10 am
I am having a hard time finding a new teacher's bag.

I miss Century 21 Sad . I always shopped there for bags.

Can anyone please recommend a nice up to date bag?

I don't like the typical shoulder bag style (the square look).

I am willing to spend up to $350 (I use them for a few years)

It would mean a lot to me if you can share some links with me because I am really desperate, and if I am buying on already, then I want to get something nice.

Thanks!

amother
OP

Post Sun, Sep 11 2022, 1:32 am
Or, if you can please recommend good websites.

Thanks

amother
Lightcoral

Post Sun, Sep 11 2022, 3:51 am
What style do you like? My first teacher bag was from a lesportsac outlet.
Tjmaxx may have.

amother
Mimosa

Post Sun, Sep 11 2022, 3:55 am
amother OP wrote:

It would mean a lot to me if you can share some links with me because I am really desperate, and if I am buying on already, then I want to get something nice.

Thanks!

Any tote?
Teachers around me (Europe) get either totes or baclpacks.
Backpacks are very often Herschel or brands that make bags for cyclists.

Totes are your regular leather tote, or a good durable fabric tote like Longchamp Le Pliage or Neverfull LV.

I personally use love a tote by Herschel, it has waterproof compartments since it is actually a diaper bag.

DrMom

Post Sun, Sep 11 2022, 5:39 am
What's a "teacher's bag?" Is that a specific style of bag, or just any bag a teacher uses?

amother
Bronze

Post Sun, Sep 11 2022, 5:54 am
amother OP wrote:

Thanks!

I bought a nice $40 one at Ross

amother
Candycane

Post Sun, Sep 11 2022, 6:00 am
I got a nice sturdy tote bag (name brand) at Goodwill for under $10. Works great for teaching because it has separate compartments and little pockets inside.

amother
Aubergine

Post Sun, Sep 11 2022, 6:57 am
I use a Kate Spade leather tote that I bought for ~150 at Marshalls. Previous to that I used a leather Dooney and Bourke tote, also from Marshalls/tjmaxx for ~100.

amother
Snow

Post Sun, Sep 11 2022, 7:40 am
I gave up on a teacher's bag two years ago. I only use a cross-body purse for my phone and wallet and keys. I refuse to do any work at home. Everything is online, anyway. I don't bring home papers to grade; it all happens during breaks and whenever I have a few spare minutes. If I need to bring home a batch of papers, I'll bring home in an envelope that I carry. Everything else takes place at school. It's been liberating.

amother
Mimosa

Post Sun, Sep 11 2022, 7:50 am
amother Snow wrote:
I gave up on a teacher's bag two years ago. I only use a cross-body purse for my phone and wallet and keys. I refuse to do any work at home. Everything is online, anyway. I don't bring home papers to grade; it all happens during breaks and whenever I have a few spare minutes. If I need to bring home a batch of papers, I'll bring home in an envelope that I carry. Everything else takes place at school. It's been liberating.

I aspire to this but I still try to have a bag that fits a folder, just in case.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Sun, Sep 11 2022, 8:00 am
If you are willing to spend - MZ Wallace bags are the best. I’ve had mine for close to 10 years. Holds everything - padded straps so I can carry heavy items - and washes like a dream. I bought online - but they are sold in Bloomingdales and Nordstrom. Also doubles as a travel bag.

amother
Alyssum

Post Sun, Sep 11 2022, 8:54 am
Lands End. Nothing has held up better for me, and I’ve been using them for over 15 years. I replace it every few years, and have it personalized. It screams ‘teacher bag’ which I like- has room for everything. I don’t believe that teacher bags need to be trendy or cool- it’s perfect professionalism for a teacher who totes it around with papers to grade, sforim, a laptop, snacks lol....

amother
Pistachio

Post Sun, Sep 11 2022, 10:03 am
I'm not stylish and don't pretend to be but I love my bagallini bags for teaching stuff. They have great compartments, are sturdy, and washable, which is great to keep them looking nice. I think I have the avenue tote and they have backpacks too.

amother
Stoneblue

Post Sun, Sep 11 2022, 10:19 am
https://bananarepublic.gap.com.....Totes

I once got a beautiful one from BR on sale. I see the bags are really expensive now, but maybe if you really like any of them it may be worth it for you.

amother
Lightyellow

Post Sun, Sep 11 2022, 10:27 am
I found such nice ones on Amazon in a range of prices but I like the typical leather rectangular look Smile

mrsnistar

Post Sun, Sep 11 2022, 11:34 am
Kohls. I've gotten cool ones there many times.

amother
Ruby

Post Sun, Sep 11 2022, 11:36 am
Not sure what circle your from, whether your looking for high brands and your age gap but I did see Kate Spade simple black ones that you can probably Google and they look classic and sturdy.

Good luck!

amother
Ecru

Post Tue, Sep 13 2022, 12:11 am
https://www.macys.com/shop/pro.....26846

amother
Blonde

Post Tue, Sep 13 2022, 1:16 am
I found mine on ASOS a few months ago. It was cheap (and rectangular) but I love it!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics