Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Food to stock a chosson/kallah apartment with

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 21 2022, 9:00 pm
They’re getting married in a few weeks, so I’m afraid to stick with any perishables. But what kind of basics do I stock the apartment with for a couple who will live there for max 2 months? So far I have cleaning supplies and tissues and such, but no actual food.

amother
Rainbow

Post Sun, Aug 21 2022, 9:01 pm
amother OP wrote:
They’re getting married in a few weeks, so I’m afraid to stick with any perishables. But what kind of basics do I stock the apartment with for a couple who will live there for max 2 months? So far I have cleaning supplies and tissues and such, but no actual food.

I wouldn't pre stock food. They can go shopping together (fun sheva brachos trip!) and buy what they want

amother
Crocus

Post Sun, Aug 21 2022, 9:10 pm
dry noodles and jarred sauce. crackers and cheese (refrigerated) should be fine. coffee and creamers, cereal (get shelf stable milk now, or check the dates on alt. milks - might get lucky, or fresh milk could be a quick last-minute grab), a few canned goods, tofu may keep (watch dates), frozen burger/veggie burger patties. bottled juices - weekday orange and Shabbos grape, jarred gefilte if they'll make Shabbos at home, a bit of nosh, popcorn, oils, salt & pepper.

betweenall12

Post Sun, Aug 21 2022, 9:14 pm
Drinks, snacks, breads, cereals and frozen foods to warm up. Enough foods and snack for the first couple of days until they can go make an order themselves.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Aug 21 2022, 9:23 pm
Salt, pepper, garlic powder, paprika. Coffee, sugar, splenda, cereal. Soup cups. Bottles of water. Pasta, tomato sauce, breadcrumbs, mayo, soy sauce, lemon juice, oil, crackers, snacks, matzah, grape juice.
Closer to you can add milk, OJ, eggs, rolls, cheese snacks, things like that.

twogees

Post Mon, Aug 22 2022, 7:09 am
If you are going to get anything, I would get dry goods only. Perishables can be gotten a few days prior to the wedding of you want or they can go one day of Sheva brachos

shabbatiscoming

Post Mon, Aug 22 2022, 7:33 am
Shampoo and soap. A friend said when they realized they had none, they had to use dish soap for their first showers.
Other than that, id get bread, veggies, water and a few orher things. But really, id let the new couple go out and buy things. Food dhopping is a fun activity for newly marrieds Smile

YOUNGIMA

Post Tue, Sep 13 2022, 1:12 pm
Let them do grocery shopping during Sheva Brachos! They will learn what each other like by going to the grocery store together.

One thing we didn't have that would have been helpful is a shower curtain and super bright led light bulbs. Makes all the difference in a basement apartment.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics