Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Are there any kosher restaurants in Caesarea Israel?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 13 2022, 12:29 am
I’m planning to travel and wonder if there are kosher restaurants in Caesarea.

salt

Post Tue, Sep 13 2022, 1:47 am
I think it's fair to say that most restaurants in Israel are kosher.
But can't help you with specifics.

essie14

Post Tue, Sep 13 2022, 1:49 am
https://www.google.com/search?.....3j0j7

SG18

Post Tue, Sep 13 2022, 2:00 am
You can call any restaurant and ask for their teudat Kashrut before going.

DrMom

Post Tue, Sep 13 2022, 2:03 am
essie14 wrote:
https://www.google.com/search?q=%D7%A7%D7%99%D7%A1%D7%A8%D7%99%D7%94+%D7%9B%D7%A9%D7%A8&oq=%D7%A7%D7%99%D7%A1%D7%A8%D7%99%D7%94+%D7%9B%D7%A9%D7%A8&aqs=chrome..69i57j0i19j0i19i22i30j0i15i19i22i30j0i19i22i30j0i10i19i22i30j0i19i22i30l2.5163j0j7

This.

Frumwithallergies

Post Tue, Sep 13 2022, 7:02 am
salt wrote:

Actually, I was surprised to learn that there are non-kosher restaurants in Israel, and it was while on visit in Cesarea that we learned this.

amother
Wallflower

Post Tue, Sep 13 2022, 11:18 am
salt wrote:

That really depends on one's kashrus standards. Especially for fleishigs, outside of charedi neighborhoods it's not so easy to find a restaurant we feel comfortable eating in.

essie14

Post Tue, Sep 13 2022, 11:33 am
amother Wallflower wrote:
That really depends on one's kashrus standards. Especially for fleishigs, outside of charedi neighborhoods it's not so easy to find a restaurant we feel comfortable eating in.

That doesn't mean they aren't kosher. It's offensive to imply that.

rachelli66

Post Tue, Sep 13 2022, 11:35 am
Shmitta plays a big role now.

amother
Wallflower

Post Tue, Sep 13 2022, 11:48 am
essie14 wrote:
That doesn't mean they aren't kosher. It's offensive to imply that.

Of course they are kosher and I did not mean to imply that! I think that if the OP is looking for advice on kosher restaurants in Israel, we need more details as to what hechsherim she is comfortable with.

Unfortunately there are plenty of restaurants that are actually treif in Israel, e.g. serving pork or milk/meat together, so no assumptions should be made about kashrus without careful research. In Caesarea specifically there are restaurants that serve octopus and other treif seafood.

DrMom

Post Tue, Sep 13 2022, 12:19 pm
Depends where you are. In Jerusalem, you can't swing a dead cat without hitting a kosher restaurant.

Tel Aviv, Caesarea, Herzliya Pituach, etc. the restaurants are more likely to be non-kosher, some even with non-kosher ingredients (shrimp, other seafood, etc.), meat-milk mixtures etc.

In many other locales, there are kosher places and "not-blatantly-treif" places (100% kosher ingredients, either halavi or basari but not both, but open on Shabbat or just not certified because there aren't enough local customers who care to make it worth it), and maybe a few obviously over-the-top treif places.

As for specific hecshers, that's a whole separate question.

LovesHashem

Post Tue, Sep 13 2022, 12:46 pm

Well I'm chareidi and so is my family and we eat mehadrin Beit Yosef, of which there are resteraunts there.

amother
Wallflower

Post Tue, Sep 13 2022, 12:58 pm
LovesHashem wrote:
Well I'm chareidi and so is my family and we eat mehadrin Beit Yosef, of which there are resteraunts there.

There are in Caesarea, but not many. When I did research for a relative of mine going on a family trip, I only found the following two Beit Yosef restaurants (although of course there could be others without an online presence). They are sister establishments - one milchig and the other fleishig.

https://aresto.rest.co.il/
https://hazalbanim.co.il/

essie14

Post Tue, Sep 13 2022, 1:09 pm
Of course they are kosher and I did not mean to imply that! I think that if the OP is looking for advice on kosher restaurants in Israel, we need more details as to what hechsherim she is comfortable with.

Unfortunately there are plenty of restaurants that are actually treif in Israel, e.g. serving pork or milk/meat together, so no assumptions should be made about kashrus without careful research. In Caesarea specifically there are restaurants that serve octopus and other treif seafood.

The non kosher restaurants are not hard to avoid. You just look for ones that are actually kosher and have a teuda. I posted a Google search with many. You're not going to accidentally eat octopus in Ceasarea.

Bnei Berak 10

Post Tue, Sep 13 2022, 1:10 pm

Agree.
Very secular places like Tel Aviv or upscale places like Caesarea is likely to have much less kosher options.

grivky

Post Tue, Sep 13 2022, 1:13 pm
Yes! There are at least 2 restaurants with great hashgachas in the port. One is called “Aresto” and is a dairy badatz bet Yosef. https://aresto-restaurant.co.il/ The other one is right near it but I’m not sure what it’s called. The other one I think is also under badatz bet Yosef or Harav machfud.

LittleMissMama

Post Tue, Sep 13 2022, 1:22 pm
Aresto was our first stop after we landed in Israel! It was lovely. We also ran into old friends there and thought, wow what are the odds of that? Many many run-ins later with old friends from all over, we realized you run into people all over Israel, all the time. Sigh, great memories from that trip....

amother
Wallflower

Post Tue, Sep 13 2022, 1:26 pm
essie14 wrote:
The non kosher restaurants are not hard to avoid. You just look for ones that are actually kosher and have a teuda. I posted a Google search with many. You're not going to accidentally eat octopus in Ceasarea.

I agree that no one will accidentally eat octopus in Caesarea, but your Google search is unfortunately very misleading. Several of the restaurants are mamash treif.

SG18

Post Tue, Sep 13 2022, 1:57 pm
Look at their menus online or call them and they'll tell you. I went to a few restaurants/cafes where the maitre de told me at the door that they aren't kosher, before I even asked.

DrMom

Post Tue, Sep 13 2022, 4:29 pm
I agree that no one will accidentally eat octopus in Caesarea, but your Google search is unfortunately very misleading. Several of the restaurants are mamash treif.

So you click on the "leads" Google generates and look at the menus, opening hours, see what teudah they have.

This isn't rocket science.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions