Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
Help Me Find A Gift For My 40th

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 13 2022, 1:14 pm
I'm turning the big 4-0, and I really want to treat myself to something special. It's been a rough few years involving teens at risk, children with special needs, emotional issues, not the greatest shalom bayis and many other hardships. I feel like I was put through the ringer every day, and I finally feel like I've really worked hard to come to a good place with all of the above.

Additionally, I lost my job during Covid. I started a new job in a new industry that took a lot of training and commitment. I have quickly rose to the top of my department and was just offered a promotion. I'm really proud of what I was able to accomplish, especially with everything going on around me.

Therefore, even though I'm a low maintenance kinda gal and have never bought myself anything, I really want to treat myself to something special for my 40th.

Help please! I'm at a loss! I was thinking a nice bag, but I don't even know what's in these days. Any ideas?

Alternatively, should I travel with my husband? I feel like I want something tangible rather than an experience. A watch? A piece of jewelry? Someone help!

amother
Seablue

Post Tue, Sep 13 2022, 1:31 pm
I made a party to mark my 40th in a restaurant, which seemed self indulgent, but I really wanted to celebrate it instead of feeling sad and my parents were eager to co-sponsor. For my 50th, my dh and children and I traveled to Italy and spent a week and a half enjoying new places, great kosher food, and the feeling of really being away. If SB has been a problem in the past, this may or may not be your top choice. Although traveling with a sister or best friend could be. On other important birthdays, I have bought or received a beautiful piece of jewelry or a watch. The main thing is it has to be what you want. Take some time to look around and maybe look at magazines for inspiration. The process of selecting can be fun, too. Mazal tov on this milestone and kol hakavod for recognizing that you are worth celebrating. Hope it's a happy time.

amother
Sage

Post Tue, Sep 13 2022, 1:38 pm
Only you know you!

I am also turning 40 this year and would love to see the responses.

If I was in a position to choose my own gift, I would have the same dilemma... So this is MY thinking:
- no bag. Waste of money. I'd rather have a few cheap bags and change every day.
- diamond watch - heck yeah. But a really gorgeous one, like the ones they feature on the back of magazines.
- trip with hubby? Yea, I would actually like this a lot. But has to be somewhere with kosher food. I'm not barbequeing on a hotel porch.

Other things that **I** would like:
- fur coat
- new shaitel
- new painting for living room
- gym membership

But I think if I had unlimited funds, I'd go to Israel with my DH. That would be my choice as I haven't been in a long time.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

amother
Fern

Post Tue, Sep 13 2022, 1:42 pm
Hey, I'm also turning 40 now!
Lets celebrate together, Please reach out to me!
Specialneedschildrenama@gmail.com

amother
Snowdrop

Post Tue, Sep 13 2022, 4:20 pm
I’m also turning 40 but not so sure how I want to make that special…
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics