Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
S/O Parental alienation

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 13 2022, 10:57 pm
I just saw this in the news.

“Britney Spears says she's 'not willing to see' her teen sons Jayden and Preston until she feels 'valued' by them”

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tv......html

But then she’ll cry alienation by her ex.

This is the life some of us live. Parents that are emotionally crippled, made us suffer our whole childhoods but then cry alienation and victim when we move on to live healthy functional lives which oftentimes cannot include them.

amother
Cerulean

Post Tue, Sep 13 2022, 11:37 pm
I don't think Britney is an example of anything in the parental alienation category. Until a few months ago she had basically zero legal power and authority over her rights to her kids, her own bank account, her right to remove an IUD, or even a phone. For about fifteen years, her parents convinced some judge that she was permanently incapacitated and should never have any rights over her bank account, all the while they made her work 7 days a week, morning until night, to headline a show in Las Vegas, or other shows. When she wasn't obedient, she would be sent to a psych ward. Her kids were literally removed from her care.

All this changed during a recent hearing when Britney asked to speak and suddenly the public heard what was happening. Suddenly all these people who have been making her work and living of her money for years had to step down. She actually just cut off her parents and siblings for the abuse she endured.

What she posted and deleted wasn't appropriate and I feel bad for her kids but she's not a normal example. She's been a victim of abuse for the past fifteen years, the type which few people could have endured. I'm sure her kids are now suffering from this as well. She clearly has mental health issues, and she probably won't want to get treated for it after the past fifteen years of abuse by the mental health people her parents forced on her. If you don't know the background of this you should read up on it. It's horrible abuse she endured long after she became an adult. I think she's now emotionally stunted, and needs a lot of time to heal, but I feel bad for both her and her kids.

And I don't think Kevin should be publicly discussing his minor children and putting them on TV. Right now the majority of their influence is from him and her family. They might change their mind as they get older, but what they say on TV will stay forever.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics