Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Having dinner ready on time and not cold
Previous  1  2

notshanarishona

Post Wed, Sep 14 2022, 7:54 pm
Microwave

amother
Honeydew

Post Wed, Sep 14 2022, 8:01 pm
amother OP wrote:
hi,
I was wondering if some of you smart mothers can tell me how you pull this off.
I don't work but I'm often out of the house between early pickup at 2:30 and later pickup getting home between 4:15-4:30 usually. One of my kids asked that I please have dinner ready by the time she gets home at 5:00. my husband often can't eat until 5:30/6:00 but doubt he'll care about not eating with the family. I really don't like leaving stuff out for food safety.

If something for example needs to cook for like 45 minutes like a baked ziti or just has multiple steps that needs to be watched, do you cook it earlier and then warm it up, don't really like leaving things out for long periods after cooking them but also seems silly to cook something put it in the fridge for a few hours and then rewarm and then there's the stretch between kids dinner and when husband comes home, can't figure out how to have it hot for both. is there any other other option? really wish we can have one meal which is what we've been having but I understand why it doesn't work for this child so trying to accommodate so suggesting change of time probably won't be helpful.

we often have milchigs so not crockpot meals so often
Thanks so much!

Studies have shown it’s very important for families to have dinner together. Let the kids have a healthy snack to tide them over until everyone can eat at the same time.

amother
Stoneblue

Post Wed, Sep 14 2022, 8:37 pm
amother Honeydew wrote:
Studies have shown it’s very important for families to have dinner together. Let the kids have a healthy snack to tide them over until everyone can eat at the same time.

Studies also show that many many kids are hungry for dinner at 5 pm and waiting is not good for them.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen