Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
I would love to open a kids clothing company

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 14 2022, 10:58 pm
It's a dream I wish I can accomplish, though I'm not sure I'll ever pursue... anyone have experience with this?

amother
Ebony

Post Wed, Sep 14 2022, 11:00 pm
Go for it...especially if you can make fashionable clothing at a decent price!

amother
IndianRed

Post Wed, Sep 14 2022, 11:01 pm
If you can open something with a unique niche different than everything else out there then do it!!!

amother
Cerulean

Post Wed, Sep 14 2022, 11:11 pm
My dream also.
I actually used to manufacture women’s clothing years ago and did manufacture one season of kids clothing.
It’s a lot of work but it is very satisfying to see your work displayed in a store.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 14 2022, 11:16 pm
amother Cerulean wrote:
My dream also.
I actually used to manufacture women’s clothing years ago and did manufacture one season of kids clothing.
It’s a lot of work but it is very satisfying to see your work displayed in a store.

How did you go about it? Who did you contact? What type of work is involved?
My dream is a fairly priced line of fashionable clothes to sell in high end kids clothing stores.

amother
Cerulean

Post Thu, Sep 15 2022, 12:04 am
amother OP wrote:
My dream is a fairly priced line of fashionable clothes to sell in high end kids clothing stores.

I pounded the pavement. I first manufactured in New York and I walked up an down the garment district getting information.
I did it all myself getting designs fabric selling and it just was too much for me to do alone with a growing family.
Now most are grown so was thinking about going back but so much time passed I would need to start all over.

amother
Impatiens

Post Thu, Sep 15 2022, 12:34 am
I think the market is already flooded with Jewish childrens companies. And then we all luv to shop at Zara’s, hm, gap, etc

amother
DarkGreen

Post Thu, Sep 15 2022, 1:12 am
amother Impatiens wrote:
I think the market is already flooded with Jewish childrens companies. And then we all luv to shop at Zara’s, hm, gap, etc

Nah I disagree.

Every single frum store is packed to the brims these days and every frum line gets sold out almost immediately. (lilegs - bellati - ppino etc etc…)

I think if you have the passion for it, dive right in!

People will buy whatever line gives you a family set and is not too flooded so it stays somewhat exclusive.

Also, sad as it sounds, keeping your prices high ensure a more desired brand with a longer expiration date.

imaima

Post Thu, Sep 15 2022, 2:34 am
amother OP wrote:

I see a contradiction between high end and fairly priced

SuperWify

Post Thu, Sep 15 2022, 2:47 am
Good luck. It takes a lot in the beginning to get your name out.

I will say I see boys weekday clothing missing. Fairly priced basics and polos they can wear to school. It’s not super exciting and that’s probably why there’s a gap.

You get a loan. You research suppliers, get samples, get more samples until you found a supplier that’s easy to work with and the items don’t shrink ect. You open a website, Instagram account ect. Design your collection, test each item to make sure it won’t shrink ect. You reach out to stores early on (so for next winter AW23 you would need to have them order from now), once you get that you can tell the factory how much you’d like in each size or style, you take a photo shoot, you pray your stuff will arrive with enough time before the season, when it comes you inspect and then sort and then ship. You hope it all gets sold before you need to put it on sale.

That’s the gist. I’m sure I’m missing some steps.

rachelli66

Post Thu, Sep 15 2022, 4:21 am
OP if this is your dream, go for it!

amother
Stonewash

Post Thu, Sep 15 2022, 4:48 am
delete

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 15 2022, 8:20 am
imaima wrote:
I see a contradiction between high end and fairly priced

I mean fairly priced relative to a high end store... for example. weekday outfits for $50-60 range, Shabbos for $80-90 range. (it's expensive, but fairly priced if you compare it to other stuff in the high end stores.)

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 15 2022, 8:22 am
My main question is how do I contact the supplier? How do I find a factory?

mommy3b2c

Post Thu, Sep 15 2022, 8:24 am
amother OP wrote:
My main question is how do I contact the supplier? How do I find a factory?

I’ll give you someone in India. I used to design and manufacture kids clothes . Pm me

amother
Maize

Post Thu, Sep 15 2022, 9:18 am
amother OP wrote:
I mean fairly priced relative to a high end store... for example. weekday outfits for $50-60 range, Shabbos for $80-90 range. (it's expensive, but fairly priced if you compare it to other stuff in the high end stores.)

I think what’s missing most is really affordable kids clothing. I usually buy kidichic and my SIL loves tottini but with a large family the full price is too much to spend for weekday. I wait for a sale. I can’t spend $18+ for a T-shirt. I would love clothes better quality than gap that stains don’t come out and last a year. $8-15 tshirts, and same for girls clothing. Most important in girls clothing is long sleeves in the winter and three quarter sleeves in the spring and summer, and skirts that cover the knee even when sitting (about 2-4 inches past the knee). Many styles these days are shorter in length but longer sleeves. If you try to size up then the sleeves are way too long!

amother
Diamond

Post Thu, Sep 15 2022, 9:57 am
I would love to make reasonably priced shoes! I spent an insane amount at the shoe store and I only got shab shoes! Weekday we were able to manage zara etc but for shab my kids are bigger then want a certain type that the not Jewish stores don’t have.

amother
Iris

Post Thu, Sep 15 2022, 10:07 am
amother Diamond wrote:
I would love to make reasonably priced shoes! I spent an insane amount at the shoe store and I only got shab shoes! Weekday we were able to manage zara etc but for shab my kids are bigger then want a certain type that the not Jewish stores don’t have.

The frum market is so small I don't think it makes financially sense to produce cheap but good quality products. The big chain stores can be so cheap because their market is huge.
Just my opinion.

amother
Tangerine

Post Thu, Sep 15 2022, 11:17 am
We need plus size little girls clothes!

It’s so hard to find dresses and skirts and tops that fit my adorable chubby 6 year old, I end up spending more money altering clothes than on the items themselves!

Please! Smile
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics