Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Salads & Dips
Share your favorite homemade dips that freeze well

SuperWify

Post Wed, Sep 14 2022, 9:59 pm
No Mayo please. Looking for new ideas.

I’m making:
Matbucha
Tehina
Eggplant and peppers

doesn’t freeze well- this for right before yt:
Garlic and cherry tomatoes
Eggplant boats
Avocado

Chayalle

Post Wed, Sep 14 2022, 10:04 pm
Fried eggplant: peel and slice eggplant, sprinkle with salt, and let sit for 1/2 hour. Fry on both sides until soft and golden. It kind of shmushes up into a dip in the container, and freezes beautifully.

Eggplant babaganoush - pierce eggplant with knife to let steam escape. Broil for 40 minutes. cool. Peel, place in food processor. I just drizzle with olive oil, salt, pepper, a cube or 2 of frozen garlic, drop of lemon juice if I'm in the mood. (recipe calls for spoonful of mayo but can totally be left out, I've done with and without.) Process until smooth. Or if you prefer a more chunky texture, skip the processing and just mix with a spoon. Freezes amazingly.

I didn't know you could freeze tehina.

anonimas

Post Wed, Sep 14 2022, 10:16 pm
Olive tapenade. I think between carpools has a good basic recipe. Chummus also freezes well.

SingALong

Post Thu, Sep 15 2022, 12:25 am
Roasted Red pepper dip. I take a red pepper, slice in half, remove seeds, grill in oven till skin is a bit black. Peel off burnt pieces. Put into food processor with, a clove of garlic, salt, pepper, and a bit of oil. Freezes great. I make it every Pesach.

ladYdI

Post Thu, Sep 15 2022, 12:27 am
Chayalle wrote:
Fried eggplant: peel and slice eggplant, sprinkle with salt, and let sit for 1/2 hour. Fry on both sides until soft and golden. It kind of shmushes up into a dip in the container, and freezes beautifully.

Eggplant babaganoush - pierce eggplant with knife to let steam escape. Broil for 40 minutes. cool. Peel, place in food processor. I just drizzle with olive oil, salt, pepper, a cube or 2 of frozen garlic, drop of lemon juice if I'm in the mood. (recipe calls for spoonful of mayo but can totally be left out, I've done with and without.) Process until smooth. Or if you prefer a more chunky texture, skip the processing and just mix with a spoon. Freezes amazingly.

I didn't know you could freeze tehina.

Instead of mayo you can put a teaspoon of tahini into babahanush

ladYdI

Post Thu, Sep 15 2022, 12:30 am
You can freeze tomato dip.
Lots of dips will last long time even not frozen.
Like marinated eggplant, spicy olives, marinated grilled mushrooms, olive dip with mayo, dill dip,
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics