Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Yom Tov Dishes & Menus
Freezing stuffed capons

notna

Post Thu, Sep 15 2022, 9:55 am
I would like to prepare stuffed capons for yomtov and freeze them. Looking for advice on the best way to do it, should I partially bake them and then freeze or freeze raw and cook on Erev yomtov?
TIA!

mom!

Post Thu, Sep 15 2022, 11:11 am
I freeze them raw. Defrost and bake on erev yomtov.

mamaleh

Post Mon, Sep 19 2022, 2:25 pm
I’ve done both ways, equally successful. For me, it depends when I have oven time. If I freeze raw- no need to defrost, just put in oven for a bit longer. If I freeze cooked, I freeze after cooking them covered- when I reheat, once they are warm, I uncover.

chocolate moose

Post Fri, Sep 23 2022, 10:59 am
I always freeze them fully baked. they can defrost and heat up on the plata easier that way. I add duck sauce too.

Amarante

Post Fri, Sep 23 2022, 11:11 am
You are risking food poisoning by freezing poultry which is stuffed because stuffing itself - even under ideal cooking conditions - is responsible for a lot of food poisoning because the temperature may be at a temperature for a period of time that is ideal for bacteria and other pathogens to flourish.

Safest is to make stuffing in a separate dish rather than put it IN the chicken - let alone freeze it with the stuffing and then cook - especially on a hot plate where it probably never heats up sufficiently for a long enough time to kill of bacteria in the stuffing.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Yom Tov Dishes & Menus