Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Weird GI Parasite virus going around
Previous  1  2  3  4  5

amother
Nemesia

Post Mon, Sep 05 2022, 7:58 pm
amother Maroon wrote:
What are your symptoms?

No vomiting or nausea or fever.
So far just one bout of cramps and diarrhea per day, for two days. Really weird. Rest of the day I’m fine.

amother
Bluebonnet

Post Wed, Sep 14 2022, 8:18 am
now in uk Surprised vomitting, weak, diarreah. anyone here also has this?

amother
Tulip

Post Wed, Sep 14 2022, 8:54 am
amother Bluebonnet wrote:
now in uk Surprised vomitting, weak, diarreah. anyone here also has this?

Have it now again but I’m in Lakewood. If you look up thread, I had it already. Pains were so much worse last time but this time
I’m vomiting which I wasn’t last time. It’s awful. Refuah shelaima!

amother
Maroon

Post Wed, Sep 14 2022, 10:53 am
oh great, thought this was over in Lakewood, sounds too horrible.

amother
Maroon

Post Wed, Sep 14 2022, 10:56 am
amother Tulip wrote:
Have it now again but I’m in Lakewood. If you look up thread, I had it already. Pains were so much worse last time but this time
I’m vomiting which I wasn’t last time. It’s awful. Refuah shelaima!

I would think you would be immune to the virus if you had it recently. Are you sure its not from something your eating.

amother
Tulip

Post Wed, Sep 14 2022, 11:06 am
amother Maroon wrote:
I would think you would be immune to the virus if you had it recently. Are you sure its not from something your eating.

Last time definitely not, lasted over a week. This time, let’s hope. Though doctor said that there’s a few different parasites going around 🤷🏻‍♀️

amother
Blushpink

Post Wed, Sep 14 2022, 12:48 pm
Hi, I had the above symptoms. It started about 5 weeks ago. By now my GI symptoms have mainly past but I'm extremely weak. I have days that are better and some days that I'm really weak.

My symptoms were Stomach cramps, nausea, vomiting-(only in the beginning by me) and severe diarrhea.
I took a stool culture and I had CRYPTOSPORIDIUM (crypto).
It is a GI Parisite. I heard from Dr. Cohen and Lempel office as well as Dr. Shanik that it is going around Lakewood.

It is extremely contagious through stool and saliva. If you have symptoms it's wise to use your own bathroom and wash your hands extremely well with anti bacterial soap.
You get the parasite by ingesting it. So you can get it from another person who is sick- though contact or food they touched, as well as swallowing water in a pool that an infected person has swam in. (Or breathing in steem from heated water that is affected. Like a mikvah)
Even after symptoms pass the infected person is still contagious and cannot go swimming for sometime.
The parasite lives in the digestive track and in water. chlorine is not entirely affective in killing the parasite.

I really believe parents and schools need to implement the importance of hygiene. Like washing your hands well from the bathroom and before you eat.

I hope this info is helpful!

amother
Nemesia

Post Wed, Sep 14 2022, 12:56 pm
amother Blushpink wrote:
Hi, I had the above symptoms. It started about 5 weeks ago. By now my GI symptoms have mainly past but I'm extremely weak. I have days that are better and some days that I'm really weak.

My symptoms were Stomach cramps, nausea, vomiting-(only in the beginning by me) and severe diarrhea.
I took a stool culture and I had CRYPTOSPORIDIUM (crypto).
It is a GI Parisite. I heard from Dr. Cohen and Lempel office as well as Dr. Shanik that it is going around Lakewood.

It is extremely contagious through stool and saliva. If you have symptoms it's wise to use your own bathroom and wash your hands extremely well with anti bacterial soap.
You get the parasite by ingesting it. So you can get it from another person who is sick- though contact or food they touched, as well as swallowing water in a pool that an infected person has swam in. (Or breathing in steem from heated water that is affected. Like a mikvah)
Even after symptoms pass the infected person is still contagious and cannot go swimming for sometime.
The parasite lives in the digestive track and in water. chlorine is not entirely affective in killing the parasite.

I really believe parents and schools need to implement the importance of hygiene. Like washing your hands well from the bathroom and before you eat.

I hope this info is helpful!

Thank you for saying this, it’s really informative. One of my pet peeves is when parents don’t teach and enforce basic hygiene like hand washing. Usually when I mention it, I’m viewed as the germophobe with OCD so I try to keep my mouth shut but it really disturbs me. When I see kids do this at my house, I send them back to the bathroom to wash their hands with soap. Sorry not sorry.

amother
Blushpink

Post Wed, Sep 14 2022, 1:03 pm
amother Nemesia wrote:
Thank you for saying this, it’s really informative. One of my pet peeves is when parents don’t teach and enforce basic hygiene like hand washing. Usually when I mention it, I’m viewed as the germophobe with OCD so I try to keep my mouth shut but it really disturbs me. When I see kids do this at my house, I send them back to the bathroom to wash their hands with soap. Sorry not sorry.

Same.
I wrote the post you responded to. Since I had the parasite and I don't know if it past yet. I'm very very careful so I don't spread it to others.I don't want to get it again, or get anything similar.
I wash my hands frequently and do other things to be careful and I'm feeling like I'm looked down at, like I'm paranoid and have OCD.
Sorry it's been horrible. I do not want yo get this again or pass this on to anyone else.

amother
Feverfew

Post Thu, Sep 15 2022, 6:47 pm
I think I have this.
I'm so nauseous and have diharea and headaches. Eating nothing.
It's day 3 for me already. How can it last 2 weeks???? I can't go to work or take care of my kids Crying Crying

amother
Winterberry

Post Thu, Sep 15 2022, 6:53 pm
amother Feverfew wrote:
I think I have this.
I'm so nauseous and have diharea and headaches. Eating nothing.
It's day 3 for me already. How can it last 2 weeks???? I can't go to work or take care of my kids Crying Crying

I know this won’t work for everyone, but I had this and I ate only toast, and did not let myself run to the bathroom when I felt I HAD to. It helped me.

amother
NeonOrange

Post Thu, Sep 15 2022, 7:04 pm
Thank you Blushpink for your detailed post. At least now I know what it is. Very scary. I hope now that summer is over and swimming is past us it will die out.

I wonder if dosing the kids with diatomaceous earth would help prevent.

amother
Lemon

Post Thu, Sep 15 2022, 7:19 pm
amother OP wrote:
It's the strangest thing for 3 days I was just vomiting and extreme nausea could not move. Now it is over a week later bh not vomiting but all I can stomach is crackers and pretzels. I feel like my whole stomach and appetite was shot and not recovered.

Does anyone else have it and any helpful tips to relieve the symptoms?!

https://thelakewoodscoop.com/n.....wood/

I had the same
I can only stomach carbs now, something I never eat at a regular time. It’s taking a looong time to recover

amother
Jade

Post Thu, Sep 15 2022, 7:32 pm
Omg I had some version of it a few weeks ago with nausea and bathroom issues and the nausea has still not gone away! I thought maybe I’m preg but two tests proved not. Does anyone know if there anything to help alleviate the symptoms?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 15 2022, 9:09 pm
amother Jade wrote:
Omg I had some version of it a few weeks ago with nausea and bathroom issues and the nausea has still not gone away! I thought maybe I’m preg but two tests proved not. Does anyone know if there anything to help alleviate the symptoms?

Hi, BH Im pretty much over it what I think did help was taking probiotics which helps gut health and taking kyolic - garlic which is very effective in ridding parasites from the body

I really feel for you it is horrid

amother
Tulip

Post Thu, Sep 15 2022, 10:34 pm
It’s day 3 and though I still can’t stomach much food, BH the cramps have subsided. I’m so so weak though. Every little thing I do feels like I’m running a marathon. I actually fainted today and was brought to the hospital. All vitals were normal BH. Dunno if it’s a result of virus or pregnancy or both 🤷🏻‍♀️
Page 5 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries