Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Teacher refused to allow daughter to drink
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8

amother
Mintcream

Post Fri, Sep 16 2022, 12:59 pm
amother DarkGray wrote:
For your daughter's sake, please change your attitude about the teacher. Please.

Sorry the problem here is the teacher. Not the mom's attitude. It's so hard for us moms when our kids have to suffer with idiot teachers.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Sep 16 2022, 1:00 pm
amother DarkGray wrote:
For your daughter's sake, please change your attitude about the teacher. Please.

I’m certainly not taking advice from you. For my daughter’s sake I’m watching this teacher’s moves like a hawk. After displaying a serious lack of caring, compassion and empathy I don’t trust her to properly care for my child. I hope you learn a lesson and do better.

Sewsew_mom

Post Fri, Sep 16 2022, 1:06 pm
amother Oxfordblue wrote:
This is SO SO untrue. I've been a teacher for decades, and I'm a darn good one. I'm highly trained and I've spent hours and hours doing my own professional development. I work SUPER hard, I grade every paper, speak to every parent frequently, build up my students, make new curricula every summer so things don't get stale. I let students keep a water bottle at their seats and make a hall pass available for students who need to leave no questions asked. And last year was my last year teaching.
I left because the compensation for the hours and hours I spend is EMBARRASSING. I work two other jobs to make it, and one of those (nonteaching) jobs offered me more money (without me asking) and more hours. I asked for a raise from my school and I was laughed at. I asked for more info so I could be in the loop when something is going on with one of my students and was ignored. I would show up to school and be told that my class time was delayed or canceled oops we forgot to tell you, because there's some extracurricular that MUST take place right now.
I have NEVER considered teaching to be fun and games. I take it seriously and I always did an 100% job, but I refuse to be treated the way I've been treated -- as NOT a professional, as someone who is less than the administrators who call the shots.
And believe me, they regret it now. But it won't change anything.

I apologize for generalizing. That wasn't the right thing to do. I'm sorry. I need to be more careful when writing to all different sorts of people.
There are some wonderful people /teachers out there that teaching doesn't work for various reasons..
But for the teachers that lean towards teaching because that's what they know of and don't explore further.. It's heartwrencing to watch them suffer and kids suffer.

Ema of 5

Post Fri, Sep 16 2022, 1:43 pm
amother DarkGray wrote:

For her daughter’s sake, her teacher should change her attitude! She doesn’t have “special needs” because she needs her body to function properly.

Ema of 5

Post Fri, Sep 16 2022, 1:45 pm
watergirl wrote:
IYH your daughter should go on to have a good year.

Amen!!
Page 8 of 8   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 Recent Topics