Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Stroller for living in Yerushalayim

amother
OP

Post Mon, Sep 05 2022, 5:39 am
Soon to be ftm here iyH, living in yerushalayim. Looking for ideas of an affordable stroller that:
- handles well (easy to push and comfortable for baby on the terrain here)
- folds easily (for putting under intercity buses)
- on the narrower side (for crowded buses/light rail)
- has a good basket (for shopping etc).

Lifestyle wise I'm on the bus and light rail a lot, don't have a car or take taxis frequently. A lot of walking also, right now I use a cart when I go shopping and would like to be able to fit things in the stroller basket once I'm bringing that instead. I live on floor 1.5 so not too many stairs home but this city is full of them so still important that it can handle steps. I think I'd prefer having 1 versatile stroller that will save me from needing other products, like I'd love a stroller with a bassinet that my newborn could sleep in overnight (plus start a nap on the road and not need to be transferred) and would be inclined to a car seat attachment as opposed to a doona that's a whole nother stroller. Not even sure if I will really need a car seat living here though if the stroller has other newborn options. I also love when there is an option to parent face.

I've read through some other related threads on here and am looking for current info. Most consistently reccomended seems like citymini gt which seems like a good option for some reasons but not very versatile or the most newborn friendly. Some of the others that people reccomend are super pricey and also very big, which is hard on public transport. Looking for something that ticks as many of my boxes as possible Smile

In terms of buying options, I would consider looking for a secondhand higher end stroller if that one specifically seemed like the best fit (can't see myself spending the type of money it costs for some of these new). I'm a more low maintenance type and care about quality but not brand name. I have relatives coming from the states for yom tov so buying overseas is potentially an option if it made sense. Seems to me like this is the type of item that often costs more here but could be worth it to buy local anyhow so I can get it serviced if need be.

Thoughts and ideas appreciated!

amother
NeonOrange

Post Mon, Sep 05 2022, 6:03 am
Bugaboo Fox or camelon second hand. thats what I did - I also don't care about brands but I tried a lot of strollers and there is nothing comparable

There is nothing comparable for easy push, bumping up and down stairs. I actually like the cameleon better because it is smaller but the basket is annoying and they no longer make it

you can find deals on yad2
https://www.yad2.co.il/s/c/kcz7i0fo

happymommy12

Post Mon, Sep 05 2022, 6:19 am
Check out the Uppa Baby Cruz. It’s in the same price bracket as the Bugaboo but has a much bigger basket. I have the Bugaboo Cameleon and am happy with it but the basket is tiny and very hard to get to when using the bassinet attachment so that’s definitely a minus. I know a lot of people with the Uppa baby Cruz and they are very happy!
Not sure if it’s sold in Israel though and even so it would prob worth buying it in America bc it’ll be cheaper there than here

imaima

Post Mon, Sep 05 2022, 6:21 am
City mini is good enough for newborns

essie14

Post Mon, Sep 05 2022, 6:49 am
https://www.babystav.co.il/%D7.....D_BwE

https://www.shilav.co.il/prd/6.....D_BwE

LovesHashem

Post Mon, Sep 05 2022, 7:22 am
I have a uppababy Vista. Yes it's large. Yes it's heavy. But so far I like it. It's has a huge basket. Pushes amazing.

I don't need to do steps super super often and I like that on the busses and stuff my stroller is very large and it just feels more secure and safe to me.

Go to a large branch of.shilav or some neighbors to push and pick up various strollers and get a feel for them.

I paid 100$/400 shekels for mine second hand that had been used for only one child. Spent a lot of time looking and bh found this good deal.

amother
Oak

Post Mon, Sep 05 2022, 9:35 am
I tried both uppababy and bugaboo and found the fold hard and annoying. I love the city mini gt. It has great wheels-really like how they're like air wheels but never need to worry about a puncture. Not sure why city mini isn't suitable for newborns-it's more suitable than bugaboo or uppababy which need a separate bassinet as the seat doesn't lie flat. The seat of the city mini lies flat, making it suitable from birth, or you can attach a bassinet or car seat.
And I cannot say enough about how amazing the fold on the city mini. One pull of the strap and it's folded!
It's also much lighter than say the uppababy.
But really strollers are quite personal and what works for me or someone else may not work for you. Best bet is to try out a few and see what you like the feel and push of. If you have friends or neighbors, that's the best as you can see it in real, on real streets and with a real baby in. What pushes well on smooth shop floor, or without anyone in, can be quite different over bumpy roads, with a heavy child inside.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Sep 18 2022, 3:59 am
Thanks everyone for your responses!

What I meant about the city mini not being best for newborns was because it only faces out, not the parent. For me, that's not the ideal way to be walking around with a tiny baby. It definitely seems to have the best fold and I'm a fan of how lightweight it is compared to the others.

If I were going the route of expensive stroller like the ones you mentioned (bought second hand) right now I'm most considering uppababy cruz. Huge basket, not quite as big as others, faces both ways, great push and wheels.

Has anyone used some of the brands they sell here that I see Israelis with? Mamas and Papas, joie, enfanti...etc. I'm wondering if any of those are comparable.
Also, any thought on silver cross pioneer? Saw someone selling one of those and wondering about it also now.

Thanks!!

amother
Hibiscus

Post Sun, Sep 18 2022, 5:14 am
Maybe look into the bugaboo lynx. It's similar to the fox but way cheaper. The wheels are a bit smaller (but bigger than the cameleon) but it's much lighter and seat and basket are thesame.

amother
Oak

Post Sun, Sep 18 2022, 5:28 am
amother OP wrote:
Thanks everyone for your responses!

What I meant about the city mini not being best for newborns was because it only faces out, not the parent. For me, that's not the ideal way to be walking around with a tiny baby. It definitely seems to have the best fold and I'm a fan of how lightweight it is compared to the others.

If I were going the route of expensive stroller like the ones you mentioned (bought second hand) right now I'm most considering uppababy cruz. Huge basket, not quite as big as others, faces both ways, great push and wheels.

Has anyone used some of the brands they sell here that I see Israelis with? Mamas and Papas, joie, enfanti...etc. I'm wondering if any of those are comparable.
Also, any thought on silver cross pioneer? Saw someone selling one of those and wondering about it also now.

Thanks!!

Mamas and papas and joie are both decent brands. I would choose mamas and papas over joie though. They are british brands which is why you won't see many americans mention them. Another great one is the icandy. Silver cross pioneer is a nice stroller and they are a excellent brand (used by the royal family). But the stroller has the same issues as other high end strollers-very bulky and hard to fold, not majorly light etc. But they are great strollers. I personally think the silver cross look prettier than the uppababy.
In terms of the city mini-you can get a bassinet so the baby will be parent facing. Once they are bigger, they will need to switch to world facing, but I found most children prefer looking out than looking at the parent.

amother
Lemon

Post Sun, Sep 18 2022, 5:40 am
amother Hibiscus wrote:
Maybe look into the bugaboo lynx. It's similar to the fox but way cheaper. The wheels are a bit smaller (but bigger than the cameleon) but it's much lighter and seat and basket are thesame.

OP, if someone can bring it to you from the UK, bugaboo lynx is currently £499 at clearance price reduced from £845.

Highly recommend.

theoneandonly

Post Sun, Sep 18 2022, 5:45 am
Another vote for the city mini! I even have the regular, not the gt, and love it. It's convenient, lightweight, easy push, easy fold

realtalk

Post Sun, Sep 18 2022, 7:42 am
I would look into the Sportline Ciello XL in Israel. It’s very lightweight and narrow. The seat is reversible to it can face in or out. The fabric is very easy to wash and it doesn’t hold heat in the hot sun. Also can be bought with a bassinet attachment
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics