Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices
Kosher smartphone or something similar

amother
OP

Post Sun, Sep 18 2022, 11:28 am
I have an older version iPhone.
I guess I’m addicted to a certain extent .
Mainly to this site!
I check my texts and WhatsApp messages but I’m not so social so I’m probably fine with just texting. I don’t want to text on a flip phone after texting with a full keyboard the last few years.
I enjoy clicking on statuses but that’s probably the addiction.
I like being able to check my email.
I check local news websites and Jewish news websites .
I order things online.
I order groceries.
I have the amazon and Walmart app and order regularly.
I don’t play games and watch movies.
But I still think I’m too attached.
Problem is my teen son. Big problem. He uses my phone and threatens that he’ll buy his own if I don’t allow him to use mine. Although I have restrictions for inappropriate things in my settings it’s just not enough. I tried disabling YouTube and he went crazy.
I just have to say that my phone broke (it is somewhat broken) and buy a very filtered phone.
Maybe not a smartphone but I think I still want one.
I want it for myself and for the sake of my children.
Please tell me which kosher smartphone or something very similar you recommend.

jewishmom6

Post Sun, Sep 18 2022, 11:42 am
I got a kosher smartphone from Gentech in Lakewood. The phone comes with preloaded apps.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Sep 18 2022, 12:11 pm
jewishmom6 wrote:
I got a kosher smartphone from Gentech in Lakewood. The phone comes with preloaded apps.

What type of phone?
Which apps?
How much did it cost?
Can you log on to this site from your phone?
Order from Amazon and the like?
Thanks

amother
Caramel

Post Sun, Sep 18 2022, 2:18 pm
I have an iPhone with Gentech Machane Kadosh filter. It’s more filtered that reg gen tech it was required by one of my kids school.
I have what’s app and any app I need manly news and banking. I have my safari and can use most shopping sites. I have this site.
No YouTube but If an approved site has a YouTube video embedded on the page then I can see the video.
On my home computer I have teqlock filter with image filtering too. Usually when I request a site that’s blocked if it’s not a social app they will approve in a few min. On Friday my son asked to watch football reruns and I was sure it wouldn’t approve NFL.com but it first didn’t asking if I was sure and I clicked yes… now I’m a little regretting it cause I know my son will be asking me constantly to go on it…

amother
OP

Post Sun, Oct 23 2022, 4:43 pm
amother Caramel wrote:
I have an iPhone with Gentech Machane Kadosh filter. It’s more filtered that reg gen tech it was required by one of my kids school.
I have what’s app and any app I need manly news and banking. I have my safari and can use most shopping sites. I have this site.
No YouTube but If an approved site has a YouTube video embedded on the page then I can see the video.
On my home computer I have teqlock filter with image filtering too. Usually when I request a site that’s blocked if it’s not a social app they will approve in a few min. On Friday my son asked to watch football reruns and I was sure it wouldn’t approve NFL.com but it first didn’t asking if I was sure and I clicked yes… now I’m a little regretting it cause I know my son will be asking me constantly to go on it…

How much did the filtered phone cost you? What type of phone did you get?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics