Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
What does normal healthy eating look like? in a family

amother
OP

Post Sun, Sep 18 2022, 2:56 pm
so I'm obese TMI
trying unsuccessfully to change my eating habits my entire life Banging head
all I want to do is Hiding
it's really not fun or funny Can't Believe It

the worst though - is watching my daughter take after me
I can cry

so now - my ever patient husband suggested we revamp everybody's diet
I don't know what normal looks like

please help

amother
Maize

Post Sun, Sep 18 2022, 3:03 pm
Can you meet with an RDN to do some meal planning?
I do this professionally and in my opinion, the best way to be set up for success is to start with your current habits and make gentle substitution; working within your flavor palates, budget, cooking abilities, and time constraints.
If you just take someone else’s menu, you will hit challenges and it will not be sustainable.

BrisketBoss

Post Sun, Sep 18 2022, 3:05 pm
Buy this book.

https://www.amazon.com/Secrets.....8921/

amother
OP

Post Sun, Sep 18 2022, 3:16 pm
both great ideas - really appreciate

amother
Bluebonnet

Post Sun, Sep 18 2022, 3:30 pm
amother OP wrote:
so I'm obese TMI
trying unsuccessfully to change my eating habits my entire life Banging head
all I want to do is Hiding
it's really not fun or funny Can't Believe It

the worst though - is watching my daughter take after me
I can cry

so now - my ever patient husband suggested we revamp everybody's diet
I don't know what normal looks like

please help

Please try what I did, and was the only successful diet that worked for me after trying every other one and always losing, then gaining it all back and more because of constant hunger and feelings of deprivation.
High protein, very low carbs, healthy fats, tone of water. I started off doing it strictly as keto but as I began losing weight, I stopped doing strict keto and basically ate as much as I wanted from those food groups and lost and lost and lost, to over 70 lbs down. No hunger, no cravings because the carbs and sugars are what cause constant cravings. It’s the best thing I ever did.

amother
Pink

Post Sun, Sep 18 2022, 3:38 pm
I’m am by no means a RD or nutritionist, but figured I’d give you some ideas to get started! We try to keep things tending towards healthy. We have fairly scheduled meal times and snack times, otherwise my kids beg for snack all day. Obviously if they are legitimately hungry they can have a “healthy snack” as we call it at home. Also no eating after supper when possible.

Breakfast ideas: oatmeal, eggs with rice cakes, avocado toast, healthier cereals, protein waffles, cottage cheese and fruits, overnight oats…

Snacks: the kids can have a snack bag and if they are still hungry they can have a healthy snack (fruit, veggie, applesauce, string cheese). For myself and my husband we usually try to stick with only the healthy snacks or popcorn.

Lunch: salad with tuna, salmon and quinoa, chicken wrap, Greek yogurt with fruit/granola, soup and whole wheat toast…If I am feeling the need for pizza or that sort I really try to keep it whole grain.

Suppers: keep it clean and less processed food, always have proteins and vegetables. If I’m adding a carb side I try to keep it healthier: roasted sweet potatoes, quinoa, brown rice…
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen