Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Do people still buy throw pillows for couches?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Sep 18 2022, 1:08 am
I'm trying to update the look in my living room. things are looking kind of blah right now.

I'm curious of throw pillows on the couch will enhance the look or it's out and won't change anything. I don't really care for pillows one way or another so please don't say do what you like....
Thanks.

bnm

Post Sun, Sep 18 2022, 2:46 pm
Who cares. If you think it will provide the pop of color or texture you want go for it.

amother
Iris

Post Sun, Sep 18 2022, 3:23 pm
If the couch is heavily upholstered, you probably don't need pillows. If it's more streamlined, pillows will enhance the look. You can always add color with flowers, a piece of art, or, if the budget allows, a new rug and/or window treatments.

There's no point in following trends when it comes to furniture. Whatever you do will be out of date in a few years. If you have the money and energy to decorate every few years, go ahead. For most people, it's best to take the time to develop your own taste, and stick with it.

Amarante

Post Sun, Sep 18 2022, 3:38 pm
Throw pillows are classic - whether they are "in" or "out" really depends on the style of the pillow. The pillows that my mother and Bubbe had would now look odd on a sofa unless one was going for a retro look or Bubbe chic

If you google throw pillows they come in an astounding range of designs as well as prices. Some are fun - some are elaborate - some are sleek.

FWIW throw pillows are also very functional. Many people who aren't tall can't sit comfortably in a chair or sofa without an additional pillow at their back because otherwise the seat is too deep. I have throw pillows in my living room for both decorative and functional reasons. I have pillows that match the chair and sofa which were made up when I ordered them. But I also have decorative throw pillows.

Last edited by Amarante on Sun, Sep 18 2022, 4:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Sunflower

Post Sun, Sep 18 2022, 3:48 pm
Amarante wrote:
Throw pillows are classic - whether they are "in" or "out" really depends on the style of the pillow. The pillows that my mother and Bubbe had would now look odd on a sofa unless one was going for a retro look or Bubbe chic

If you google throw pillows they come in an astounding range of designs as well as prices. Some are fun - some are elaborate - some are sleek.

FWIW throw pillows are also very functional. Many pillow who aren't tall can't sit comfortably in a chair or sofa without an additional pillow at their back because otherwise the seat is too deep. I have throw pillows in my living room for both decorative and functional reasons. I have pillows that match the chair and sofa which were made up when I ordered them. But I also have decorative throw pillows.

Many pillow who aren’t tall? Lol I think you meant people?

happy chick

Post Sun, Sep 18 2022, 3:51 pm
I think pillows look nice as well as functional. I'm not very into fashion, but I think throw pillows are classic. If you have a solid color couch, a colored pillow would add a pop. I'd you have a multi colored couch, a solid pillow would be best.

Amarante

Post Sun, Sep 18 2022, 4:03 pm
amother Sunflower wrote:
Many pillow who aren’t tall? Lol I think you meant people?

Yes indeed - I have edited it. Sometimes my fingers don't listen to my brain. LOL

amother
Sunflower

Post Sun, Sep 18 2022, 4:12 pm
amother OP wrote:
I'm trying to update the look in my living room. things are looking kind of blah right now.

I'm curious of throw pillows on the couch will enhance the look or it's out and won't change anything. I don't really care for pillows one way or another so please don't say do what you like....
Thanks.

For sure. Look around in home goods stores and get some colorful pillows in styles that catch your eye. They definitely add a lot to a room.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics