Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Bikur Cholim room at Monmouth Hospital (postpartum floor)

amother
OP

Post Sun, Sep 18 2022, 7:50 pm
Can I rely on the food there? Or is it just snacks type of things? Don’t think my husband will be able to bring hot supper and I know I need good nourishing food after a baby iyh

amother
Babypink

Post Sun, Sep 18 2022, 8:03 pm
They do restock it every day but sometimes they run out.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Sun, Sep 18 2022, 8:18 pm
I always got hot kosher meals postpartum

amother
OP

Post Sun, Sep 18 2022, 8:36 pm
amother Aquamarine wrote:
I always got hot kosher meals postpartum

From the hospital? Cuz those in my experience were like airline food and not great at all

amother
OP

Post Sun, Sep 18 2022, 8:36 pm
amother Babypink wrote:
They do restock it every day but sometimes they run out.

What do they usually have?

amother
Hydrangea

Post Sun, Sep 18 2022, 8:49 pm
All I remember was having the most heaven roll with melted stringy muenster cheese. Best meal!

amother
Lavender

Post Sun, Sep 18 2022, 9:01 pm
In my experience they had hot food in a warmer on shabbos but not during the week.
During the week they had sandwiches and like fruit and veg and snacks and danishes etc but not hot food. the hospital serves hot food to the mother but it is like airline food. not great ( although any food served to me while I am lying in bed tastes delicious to me lol)

amother
Calendula

Post Sun, Sep 18 2022, 9:27 pm
In the bc room during the reg week you can find deli/tuna/egg sandwiches in the fridge. Also yogurt, cheese, fruits/vegetables, baked goods, granola bars/crackers type things, juice. You will be given a menu to order what food you’d like brought to you from the hospital at meal times. It will be packaged like airline food, but there were some foods that I actually enjoyed. For breakfast there was milk, dry cereals, fresh orange/pear, orange juice, a roll, pancakes, French toast. I remember really enjoying eggplant parmesan for lunch. Supper is fleishig. Chicken/meat with lomain, steamed vegetables...not my favorite supper, but I usually had enough food from earlier in the day ordered a little extra breakfast or lunch,) or took something from the bikur cholim room.
Good luck!

amother
Green

Post Sun, Sep 18 2022, 9:30 pm
They have hot food on shabbos. During the week it's sandwiches and snacks. And yes the hospital serves meal mart meals. But 1 day after baby I don't want to eat much anyway.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Sep 18 2022, 9:47 pm
Thank you all so much!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries