Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Westgate Shoe Gemach - for who?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 18 2022, 9:55 pm
Just kids? Ladies? What sizes up to for kids? Is it close outs from frum stores? Coming in to shop from outside Lakewood, would appreciate any info. Tia

amother
PlumPink

Post Mon, Jul 18 2022, 10:26 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Just kids? Ladies? What sizes up to for kids? Is it close outs from frum stores? Coming in to shop from outside Lakewood, would appreciate any info. Tia

Kids and ladies, all sizes
Don't know where they get their shoes from, but it's all brand new, excellent quality shoes.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 18 2022, 10:36 pm
amother [ PlumPink ] wrote:
Kids and ladies, all sizes
Don't know where they get their shoes from, but it's all brand new, excellent quality shoes.

Thank you so much...is pricing still between $15 and $20 a pair?

amother
PlumPink

Post Mon, Jul 18 2022, 10:56 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thank you so much...is pricing still between $15 and $20 a pair?

There's more of a big range, like from $15 - $45

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 15 2022, 1:19 pm
Is it still open Tuesdays? Could someone please give me the address and phone number? Thank you!

amother
Poppy

Post Mon, Aug 15 2022, 2:41 pm
is this really for ppl not living in lakewood? As far as I know the shoes purchased with generous donor money. its basically tzedaka. I'd assume its for ppl living in the town....But I can be wrong.

amother
Salmon

Post Mon, Aug 15 2022, 3:01 pm
The shoes have gotten much more expensive over the years. The nicer brands are 35/40/45. There is a tremendous selection, but the place is a mess. If you are there when it’s not crowded you can do very well, but it is an overwhelming situation.

amother
SandyBrown

Post Mon, Aug 15 2022, 3:26 pm
Westgate shoe gemach 7328937463
Call for hours and location.

amother
Marigold

Post Mon, Aug 15 2022, 3:38 pm
amother Poppy wrote:
is this really for ppl not living in lakewood? As far as I know the shoes purchased with generous donor money. its basically tzedaka. I'd assume its for ppl living in the town....But I can be wrong.
It’s wholesale pricing. Nothing wrong with people from out of town shopping there. But like someone else said it can be very overwhelming.

amother
Forsythia

Post Mon, Sep 12 2022, 2:50 pm
Bumping this up…

Has anyone been there recently?
What are the prices? Also, are the shoes there “in style” or more out of style ? Ie. I’m picky with what my daughter wears, I don’t want her to look “nebby”.. is it worth the trip?

Thanks!

amother
PlumPink

Post Mon, Sep 12 2022, 3:58 pm
amother Forsythia wrote:
Bumping this up…

Has anyone been there recently?
What are the prices? Also, are the shoes there “in style” or more out of style ? Ie. I’m picky with what my daughter wears, I don’t want her to look “nebby”.. is it worth the trip?

Thanks!

I haven't been there this season, but I go at least once a year. The shoes are in style. (I don't know if they are the "top", but not "nebby"). The prices are not as low as they used to be, but still can be at least half of what you'd buy in a regular local store.
It is not a regular shoe store, so don't expect the service, and it can get very hectic in peek seasons, sometimes chaotic even.
But there's usually a lot to choose from and very worth the trip.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Sun, Sep 18 2022, 8:28 am
This worked until my girls got older and didn’t like shopping like that, in a crowded basement searching for shoe boxes. They also had certain styles in mind and didn’t necessarily find them there. Once they asked if it was a gemach and I tried to explain it’s like a shoe sale, we were done.
It was really good for us for a few years.
You help yourself. No sales people there. No measuring feet and checking if it’s good. You’re on your own.
No one is doing an income check to see if you qualify. Obviously wealthy people won’t shop there. No one is asking for proof of address to make sure you live locally. It’s probably fine to shop there wherever you live if you feel you need it but of course you can call and ask that.
I haven’t been there in a few years but I remember that they didn’t take credit cards. It’s possible that they don’t give change either but I’m not sure.

amother
Forsythia

Post Sun, Sep 18 2022, 9:13 pm
Hi,
Just want to give an update, as I was recently there. It was neat, organized, not crowded. There was a friendly, helpful worker who answered questions and checked shoe for fit.
We got up to date shoes for $35.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics