Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Yom Tov Dishes & Menus
Rosh Hoshana day meal recipe for a newbie at hosting?

kiti

Post Mon, Sep 19 2022, 6:51 pm
Hi! I'm new on imamother.com and just wanted to first say that I'm very glad to have been approved to join! Very Happy It's lovely to meet you all

I'm new at hosting meals for yuntif, but have hosted a few shabbos meals. Specifically, I'm planning to host the 2nd meal during rosh hoshana.

Any good, quick recipes that don't require a lot of steps and taste delicious? My cooking skills still need to be refined and I'm nervous about how it'll turn out.

Let me know if you have any good ideas- Thanks!

(Also if this isn't the correct forum to post this in, I apologize. I read through the website and found this was the only place that would seem appropriate, unless I missed something)

funmamma

Post Mon, Sep 19 2022, 7:07 pm
Welcome!

For a day meal I like to start with a plated appetizer like pulled beef gnocchi or a fruit cup. Then I would serve main course. A roast or capons with a fre sides. Hot veggie, apple crumble, carrot muffins.. roasted potatoes... Anything!

rachelli66

Post Mon, Sep 19 2022, 7:15 pm
Welcome Kiti! You are having your company the 2nd day. (after families eating Simanim, heavy foods, sweet dishes). You can either go light as a Nice Fish with sides, or Shnitzel/ meatballs and sides. Add a nice vegie salad/ quinoa salad. ( usually we eat fish for our day meals as its lighter). You can even start with a nice fruit salad as an Entre'e.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Yom Tov Dishes & Menus