Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
How do people who cook for Yom Tov, freeze and pack to trave

amother
OP

Post Sun, Sep 11 2022, 11:39 pm
I think I once saw a post on Between Carpools (not sure) but can't find it. How does someone cook a yom tov, freeze and pack the food to travel to Israel without it leaking, spoiling, etc. What types of things would be good to cook in advance?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Sep 12 2022, 11:36 am
bump

amother
Moonstone

Post Mon, Sep 12 2022, 12:04 pm
I did this several times. I cooked and froze meats and chickens mostly. One time I even vacuum packed everything. If you only place it in your bags just before you leave to the airport, it basically stays frozen the whole flight. Cargo is very cold. I bought all baked things there and made fresh salads.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Sep 12 2022, 12:25 pm
amother Moonstone wrote:
I did this several times. I cooked and froze meats and chickens mostly. One time I even vacuum packed everything. If you only place it in your bags just before you leave to the airport, it basically stays frozen the whole flight. Cargo is very cold. I bought all baked things there and made fresh salads.

Did you need to use any ice packs? Would it work with chicken cutlets ? Any special way you packed it? Etc. Did you freeze the meats and chicken with the gravy as I would be worried that those would leak if they defrost?

amother
Bone

Post Mon, Sep 12 2022, 1:53 pm
Following! Same questions

amother
Topaz

Post Mon, Sep 19 2022, 10:52 pm
Bumping this thread.

Can those that travel often please share helpful tips?

Do you pack food in boxes or suitcases? If you take extra suitcases, how do u expect to take it back home?

ila

Post Mon, Sep 19 2022, 11:08 pm
If you’re travelling to Israel this time of the year there was another thread that said it’s not recommended to bring food at this time since the luggage could get lost… it happened to my sister in July… behatzlacha!

amother
Azure

Post Mon, Sep 19 2022, 11:17 pm
ila wrote:
If you’re travelling to Israel this time of the year there was another thread that said it’s not recommended to bring food at this time since the luggage could get lost… it happened to my sister in July… behatzlacha!

Also, get luggage trackers for your cases...at least you'll be able to see in which country your chicken soup is defrosting Twisted Evil

scientist

Post Tue, Sep 20 2022, 4:04 am
https://betweencarpools.com/pr.....avel/
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions